1,022 results
All reviewsgolf courseafternoon teanew winglovely groundsgolf breakgolf cluborangery restaurantsconesbridal suitelovely hotelwedding breakfastwedding venuecourse dinnerfour posterwedding receptionlovely roomchristmas party
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The team development event at Shendish Manor was great - everyone had a wonderful time and the staff were very quick to respond to any requests such as turning off the air conditioning when the room got too cold or getting more food when some of our delegates had 'healthy' appetites and had more then we had catered for on their dinner plates!
Good communication between myself and the hotel when setting up this event and everything went according to plan; I would certainly consider using this venue again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business. The location is good and the rooms are adequately equipped and are clean. My stay was ruined by the rude and surly attitude of some staff, one in particular. I went out for a meal with an important client for the evening then we returned to the hotel for a night cap.The bar staff were rude, unhelpful and clearly did not want us there. This was excruciatingly embarrassing for me and my client.
The following morning I endured a poor breakfast on cold plates during which I was consistently ignored by a waitress doing her best not to serve coffee to customers.
I will not be back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Timbo186424
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed in room 9 and would highly recommend it. The room was huge, as was the bed. There was a walk in shower and roll top bath tub. My room was extremely clean and decorated beautifully. It contained all the amenities I might need.

My only complaint is it took a while to get checked in. There was only one lady at the desk who was dealing with a customer who had a problem...which meant myself and my colleague were left standing about for a while before she finally called for assistance.

We ate in the brasserie and I had the soup to start and the burger for main. Highly recommend both and ate every bite! Again, just one criticism: the restaurant wasnt busy (only around two tables in addition to ours) but staff seemed to struggle to remember who ordered what. E.g. When there were just two tables left occupied in the restaurant, they brought a tray of drinks over to our table asking who had ordered what....we hadn't ordered anything though and they pottered off to the other table to ask if they were theirs (which they were). Personally I think this is poor form in such an empty restaurant and staff should be able to remember who they should be serving.

Overall though, fantastic hotel. Would love to bring my boyfriend here on a romantic break

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Shendish is a a fantastic setting set in its own mature gardens. I took the whole family out for afternoon and we all had a lovely time.The staff were really attentive and the afternoon tea was really yummy. The only downside was the additional pounds added with home made scones with fresh cream.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Came for afternoon tea with a small group of friends and was very impressed.

The selection of food was vast and there was plenty of it. It was all very fresh and the homemade scones were delicious.

Service was also very good
and not to invasive but were
there if you needed anything.

It was good value for money and I will definitely be back.!

• Stayed: September 2013