Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$78
HIExpress.com
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$75
US$73
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

The Olde Kings Arms(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$85
Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$92
Priceline
  • Pool
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$76
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead West Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$76
PremierInn.com
US$51
Travelodge
Travelodge Hemel Hempstead Gateway(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$51
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Alexandra Guest House(Hemel Hempstead)
All reviewsgolf courseafternoon tealovely groundsgolf clubnew winggolf breakorangery restaurantlovely hotelsconesbridal suitewedding breakfastwedding venuecourse dinnerfour posterwedding receptionlovely roomchristmas party
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We held our wedding at Shendish Manor on the 23rd of August and cannot recommend the venue highly enough.

During the planning and build up the wedding coordinator Laura was fantastic at helping guide us through the preparations for holding the wedding at the hotel, helping us to think of things we hadn’t considered, making sure we had meetings dates in the diary, being ever friendly, helpful and accommodating and always responding quickly and patiently to my sometimes long and frequent emails! She really made me feel that nothing was a hassle or too big a request.

On the day itself the banqueting manager Kayleigh who looked after us and coordinated our day was just fantastic; professional, accommodating, organised, friendly, helpful and super-efficient! I don’t think the day would have gone as smoothly without her and she was a pleasure to have around. Petronella who took over after Kayleigh's shift was also lovely, friendly and helpful. The food anf the service for the wedding breakfast was also superb.

Several of our friends and family, including myself and the bridal party, stayed at the hotel the night before the wedding and had booked a table for dinner together; the Orangery restaurant team specially decorated the table for us and the service and food that evening was also great - they made us feel like special guests!

I really cannot express how impressed and thankful we are to the whole team at Shendish; Our day was amazing, without fault and we cannot imagine having had it anywhere else.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite is beautiful and worth splashing out on for a special occasion
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed for cousins wedding we had a room in the new block which was lovely an quiet and well out of the way of the 2 weddings that were taking place that weekend the only gripe was the bed was tiny and my husband is 6ft 2 so not much room for me! Breakfast was good and the meal we had at wedding was delicious.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The team development event at Shendish Manor was great - everyone had a wonderful time and the staff were very quick to respond to any requests such as turning off the air conditioning when the room got too cold or getting more food when some of our delegates had 'healthy' appetites and had more then we had catered for on their dinner plates!
Good communication between myself and the hotel when setting up this event and everything went according to plan; I would certainly consider using this venue again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business. The location is good and the rooms are adequately equipped and are clean. My stay was ruined by the rude and surly attitude of some staff, one in particular. I went out for a meal with an important client for the evening then we returned to the hotel for a night cap.The bar staff were rude, unhelpful and clearly did not want us there. This was excruciatingly embarrassing for me and my client.
The following morning I endured a poor breakfast on cold plates during which I was consistently ignored by a waitress doing her best not to serve coffee to customers.
I will not be back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Timbo186424
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed in room 9 and would highly recommend it. The room was huge, as was the bed. There was a walk in shower and roll top bath tub. My room was extremely clean and decorated beautifully. It contained all the amenities I might need.

My only complaint is it took a while to get checked in. There was only one lady at the desk who was dealing with a customer who had a problem...which meant myself and my colleague were left standing about for a while before she finally called for assistance.

We ate in the brasserie and I had the soup to start and the burger for main. Highly recommend both and ate every bite! Again, just one criticism: the restaurant wasnt busy (only around two tables in addition to ours) but staff seemed to struggle to remember who ordered what. E.g. When there were just two tables left occupied in the restaurant, they brought a tray of drinks over to our table asking who had ordered what....we hadn't ordered anything though and they pottered off to the other table to ask if they were theirs (which they were). Personally I think this is poor form in such an empty restaurant and staff should be able to remember who they should be serving.

Overall though, fantastic hotel. Would love to bring my boyfriend here on a romantic break

• Stayed: September 2013