Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$79
Alexandra Guest House(Hemel Hempstead)
US$76
The Olde Kings Arms(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$86
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$75
US$72
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$92
Priceline
  • Pool
US$52
Travelodge
Travelodge Hemel Hempstead Gateway(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead Central Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Hemel Hempstead West Hotel(Hemel Hempstead)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
All reviewsgolf courseafternoon tealovely groundsgolf clubnew winggolf breakorangery restaurantlovely hotelsconesbridal suitewedding breakfastwedding venuecourse dinnerfour posterwedding receptionlovely roomchristmas party
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Hotel looks nice from the outside and set in lovely grounds. Nice approach up a private lane.

Rooms are ok. Maybe a little tired, but they were clean. Rooms were large but looks sparse as the bed was tiny and I did not find that comfy. Bathroom needs modernising. Wifi was free.

Had planned to have a few drinks at the bar, but after the first round we left into town after feeling it was too expensive. Later worked out that we were probably charged too much by the bar lady (£9.80 for pint and half!) but it was now too late to complain so did not bother mentioning it.

Breakfast was nice and good quality.

Overall I was a little disappointed but the hotel is ok if you can get a good rate

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevnffc
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We held our wedding at Shendish Manor on the 23rd of August and cannot recommend the venue highly enough.

During the planning and build up the wedding coordinator Laura was fantastic at helping guide us through the preparations for holding the wedding at the hotel, helping us to think of things we hadn’t considered, making sure we had meetings dates in the diary, being ever friendly, helpful and accommodating and always responding quickly and patiently to my sometimes long and frequent emails! She really made me feel that nothing was a hassle or too big a request.

On the day itself the banqueting manager Kayleigh who looked after us and coordinated our day was just fantastic; professional, accommodating, organised, friendly, helpful and super-efficient! I don’t think the day would have gone as smoothly without her and she was a pleasure to have around. Petronella who took over after Kayleigh's shift was also lovely, friendly and helpful. The food anf the service for the wedding breakfast was also superb.

Several of our friends and family, including myself and the bridal party, stayed at the hotel the night before the wedding and had booked a table for dinner together; the Orangery restaurant team specially decorated the table for us and the service and food that evening was also great - they made us feel like special guests!

I really cannot express how impressed and thankful we are to the whole team at Shendish; Our day was amazing, without fault and we cannot imagine having had it anywhere else.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite is beautiful and worth splashing out on for a special occasion
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Stayed for cousins wedding we had a room in the new block which was lovely an quiet and well out of the way of the 2 weddings that were taking place that weekend the only gripe was the bed was tiny and my husband is 6ft 2 so not much room for me! Breakfast was good and the meal we had at wedding was delicious.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The team development event at Shendish Manor was great - everyone had a wonderful time and the staff were very quick to respond to any requests such as turning off the air conditioning when the room got too cold or getting more food when some of our delegates had 'healthy' appetites and had more then we had catered for on their dinner plates!
Good communication between myself and the hotel when setting up this event and everything went according to plan; I would certainly consider using this venue again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business. The location is good and the rooms are adequately equipped and are clean. My stay was ruined by the rude and surly attitude of some staff, one in particular. I went out for a meal with an important client for the evening then we returned to the hotel for a night cap.The bar staff were rude, unhelpful and clearly did not want us there. This was excruciatingly embarrassing for me and my client.
The following morning I endured a poor breakfast on cold plates during which I was consistently ignored by a waitress doing her best not to serve coffee to customers.
I will not be back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business