“Great Hotel and package”

Shendish Manor Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Had a great weekend with friends on a golf package. Hotel rooms in very good order, pleasant and helpful staff, food wonderful and golf course in very good condition. All at an incredible price Don't miss it

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Trevor B
shendishmanager, General Manager at Shendish Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Trevor

Thank you for posting this review and I’m pleased to hear you had a great weekend away with your friends while staying with us at Shendish Manor. It’s always good to know when we deliver excellent service in all areas so thank you for your kind comments.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed at the Shendish for 2 nights mid week and though we ate in on the second night, we wished we had on the first as well, excellent food, breakfast excellent too.
The hotel is set in a beautiful location, only 10-15 mins drive from Warner Bros.
The staff were friendly and helpful, everything was great. Our room was well prepared and well equipped, not the biggest double bed we've ever slept in but nevertheless we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wouldn't hesitate to come back again.
Harry Potter was good too.

Room Tip: room 44 did it for us although there was a door in the corridor outside our room which we did hear o...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
shendishmanager, General Manager at Shendish Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Martin,

So pleased to hear you had an excellent dinner with us. We have recently changed our menu and it seems to be proving rather popular. We change our menu almost every couple of months so I hope you come back to sample more of our food.

As I have said to previous reviewers on trip advisor, we are looking to invest in the New Year for some larger beds for guest’s satisfaction.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff, it’s great to hear they maintain to deliver a great service.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

On Saturday my work colleagues and I attended Shendish for our annual christmas party and I wanted to share what a an amazing time we had there! The venue is absolutely beautiful and very comfortable. On arrival we were met by friendly staff who pointed us in the right direction to the cloakroom and bar area. There was a clear seating plan also which was very helpful as there were many other partygoers.
The meal consisted of a choice of starters which all looked equally appetising the main turkey roast and vegetarian option and selection of desserts which I unfortunately had no room left for! The food was delicious, hot and well presented! Everyone was expressing how nice the food was following the meal. The staff were amazing serving all tables efficiently and quickly it was a very well organised procedure as there were a lot of people to serve! The staff remained calm were friendly and approachable and the attention to detail was perfect.
I would highly recommend the venue for a party, the disco following the meal was great the DJ had an assorted playlist and requests were soon played also. All who attended in our party roughly 30 of us, had a wonderful evening and we will be returning next year so Shendish beware!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
shendishmanager, General Manager at Shendish Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Emma

It’s great to hear a good time was had by all on Saturday night whilst attending one of our Christmas party nights. Thank you for recognising the teams hard work and for posting this excellent review.

I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and I hope to see you back next year.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed here whilst at the hotel for a family members 40th birthday.

I was on the ground floor, initially in room 33. The heating wasnt working which isnt ideal at the end of November. They offered me an electric heater, which I wasnt happy with, so they moved us to room 31.

Heating was hit and miss again. No consistency, and spent most of the time blowing cold.

Bed - terrible. As hard as a street of cobbles, and VERY small. I am by no means tall, but it was an extremely small double. I am glad I had a good few drinks to get to sleep!

The saving grace was the breakfast, a nice full english, just what the doctor ordered on a sunday.

In my opinion, not worth the price I paid.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
shendishmanager, General Manager at Shendish Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Scott

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear you experienced issues with our heating during your stay with us. We have since had our engineer out I’m pleased to say this has now been repaired.

In the hotel we do have a variety of different size beds. Whilst yes we do have some smaller than others we are looking to invest in the New Year and replace the smaller size beds with a more suited size.

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and I hope you will continue to use Shendish Manor in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I had my 50th birthday party at Shendish Manor and they were brilliant. The lovely Bryher organised all of the food, drinks, room layout, staff, everything! All I had to do was turn up! The staff on the night were great - making sure everyone had drinks and food. The DJ they recommended was great and they helped out with the band I had chosen as well to ensure they were set up OK.

All in all - highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
shendishmanager, General Manager at Shendish Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear Lesley

Firstly Happy 50th Birthday! Thank you passing on your positive feedback. I have passed your kind comments onto Bryher and the team. I'm delighted to hear you all had a brilliant time.

I hope to welcome you back to Shendish Manor for the next special occasion.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Had a lovely one night stay but would have liked to stay longer.
The staff were really friendly & helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were clean, nice and spacious.
Had a meal in the restaurant which I would recommend the choice on the menu was good and food excellent.
If I was in the area again would definetly stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the new side which was lovely the only downside was we did not have much of a view but...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

It’s great to hear you had an all-round lovely stay with us and thank you for recommending us. The team at Shendish worked very hard to please our guests in all departments so thank you for recognising their work.
I hope to welcome you back to Shendish Manor in the very near future and thank you for posting this glowing review.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

A brilliant hotel with very helpful happy staff that couldn’t do enough for you. The rooms were very clean and spacious and extremely well decorated. Dinner was relaxed with a good choice of cuisine. Good full English breakfast. The whole hotel had a very nice ambiance set in pleasant gardens to walk around. I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Room 14 is fantastic very quiet large bathroom
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Dawn

Thank you for this glowing review. I’m so pleased to hear the team went above and beyond during your stay and you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the Hotel. Word of mouth is so important to us so thank for you recommending us. I hope to see you back at Shendish Manor very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemel Hempstead
Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
#2 of 9 in Hemel Hempstead

Been to Shendish Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!