“A perfect wedding venue”

Shendish Manor Hotel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Hemel Hempstead
London, United Kingdom
“A perfect wedding venue”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our Son and Daughter in Law chose Shendish Manor for their wedding venue, right from the start the staff have been helpful, polite, courteous and above all professional, over 30 rooms were booked for the weekend of the wedding and all our guests remarked on the wonderful facilities.
The grounds are beautiful, and the Manor House stands proudly within this beautiful setting, I'm certain we shall be returning for dinner to take advantage of their lovely restaurant, or for afternoon tea in the very near future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have just had a two night stay on a golf break. It is a great venue for the price. The golf course starts with some easy holes which is great on a chilly morning. The latter holes are more challenging and interesting. The course was in excellent condition.
The accommodation and food in the hotel were fine and certainly good value. Golfers looking for a bargain should give it consideration.

Room Tip: They do a lot of weddings so golfers may prefer a midweek break.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Birmingham, UK
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Staff are excellent.

Food is superb. Really good value.

Rooms are well appointed and there's a plug socket near the bed. Hoorah!

It's a shame there's no onsite fitness or spa facilities but you do get discounted use of the Virgin Active gym nearby.

Would I stay again? Yes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed here for my friend`s son`s wedding, The manor is set in stunning grounds which makes it a beautiful venue for the wedding and receptions, I was impressed with this manor. The rooms were comfortable and it is nice break at the countryside away from Hustle and bustle of London.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
UK
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just got back from a weekend package with friends, could not fault the Hotel stunning surroundings the rooms are lovely with full amenities, we dined in the restaurant and the 3 course meal was out of this world we had the pate, squid, steak, risottos, cheeseboard, wines, it was a fabulous weekend and we will be back next month.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here on Sunday 5th May after visiting the Warner Brothers Studios with my eldest Daughter. On checking in the receptionist asked for a credit card to secure the booking. This is normal practice thanks to all the dishonest people out there who try to leave without paying. However, what I wasn't told was that the full cost of the room plus the extra £50 for extra's would then stay on my card for up to 10 days after our departure. Had we known this, we would have used my Daughters card as she was paying for the room as part of my birthday present. So I now cannot access £138.00 on my bank account until it is cleared! Which is very inconvenient. The receptionist also charged £10 too much, as the cost of the room was £78, with the £50 extra this makes £128.00 not the £138.00 charged. I am now going to struggle until the money is cleared in my account again! So more information is needed before using a customers card in this way.

Other than that the hotel is beautiful, although we were in the 'new' part of the hotel, which was basic but clean. Breakfast was very nice and plentiful and generally the staff were very polite and helpful.

My only other gripe is the parking situation. On the night of our stay, there was a party being held for the Watford football club and it took my Daughter and I some time to find somewhere to park on our return to the hotel because all of the spaces were taken by party guests. Surely the hotel should give priority to people actually staying in the hotel and allocate reserved parking on occasions such as this as there is nowhere else nearby to park when all spaces are taken.

I would still stay at the hotel again, but make sure I knew if there were any functions being held on the night of my stay first.

Room Tip: Try to secure a room in the main Manor house as the new section is nothing special and takes away fr...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Deb H
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We came to Shendish Manor for a wedding. It is an excellent venue with superb facilities. During the wedding celebration my mother in law began to not feel well. The staff were quickly on hand to support her and meet her every need. Fortunately she did not require medical attention and during her time of recovery, a member of staff remained by her side until she felt able to return to the family celebration.

Joella Nash

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemel Hempstead
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
Boxmoor Lodge Hotel
#2 of 10 in Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempst...
#1 of 10 in Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, Jct.8
Holiday Inn Hemel Hempstead M1, ...
#6 of 10 in Hemel Hempstead
Aubrey Park Hotel
Aubrey Park Hotel
#8 of 10 in Hemel Hempstead
Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel
The Grove Hotel
The Grove Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chandler's Cross

Been to Shendish Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!