“2 hairs and no rib-eye!?”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Rose & Crown

The Rose & Crown
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The crowning glory of Kings Langley Simply put, The Rose & Crown in Kings Langley is a fabulous village pub and restaurant serving up tasty, top-notch food alongside an eclectic range of wines and cask ales in cosy, stylish surroundings.
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2 hairs and no rib-eye!?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

I understand The Rose and Crown has recently changed hands, in anycase to find out they didnt have the rib-eye on the menu which i requested, i then was hastidly pressured into choosing due to the spotty clown perched on my shoulder like a parrott.

To then find 2 hairs in the meal unwantidly requetsed was disgusting and would be quick to advise anyone else from eating in this establishment.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Jordy25

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food with the worst service I've ever experienced!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2011

Food was good but the service was terrible and when paying restaurant prices for mains (£10-20) I expect restaurant service!

We were left unattended for long periods, served by about 5 different people and when I tried to request the bill I was told yo hang on a minute before I even got past "excuse me".

When we did get the bill I put my card down straight away but the waitress walked off for a chat!

To sum up this could be a lovely place good atmosphere and food but let down by the staff. In my oppinion you choose to be a pub with only kitchen service but let your prices reflect the same or get some new staff and make it worth the money. Afterall eating out is about the whole package.

1 Thank Edde4160