“Enjoyable first visit”

Ranked #10 of 20 Restaurants in Kings Langley
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The crowning glory of Kings Langley Simply put, The Rose & Crown in Kings Langley is a fabulous village pub and restaurant serving up tasty, top-notch food alongside an eclectic range of wines and cask ales in cosy, stylish surroundings.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Visited here with some friends for dinner. Service was a bit slow, but we were chatting so, we weren't that bothered! Meals are quite expensive but everyone's starter/dinner was delicious. I could see this place struggling at full capacity as we had to wait a while for food, and the place wasn't that packed. Overall a good experience but expect it to be one of those 'hit and miss' restaurants where some people rave about it where others have bad experiences!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Booked a table at 4pm on a Sunday. Checked when we arrived they still had roasts, they confirmed yes. Ordered 5 minutes later, suddenly out of roasts! It's like McDonalds running out burgers! Promptly left and came home to cook dinner instead. Perhaps get enough roast food in next time to serve your customers...4pm on a Sunday isn't late.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife persuaded me to try out the Rose and Crown, as she had booked for a party of 8 senior ladies in mid August.
Booked online,and stood for a while before being welcomed.Table ok,waited 10 mins to give a drink order for 2,another 10 mins for it to be delivered by charming young lady.Food order was 2 soups plus 2 mains.Soup arrived 15 mins and was lukewarm,but we soldiered on with it.When asked if ok,we mentioned it was not hot enough.Chef to be advised,should have sent back,but waited so long.Offered free coffees .Main courses were very hot ,but my steak and ale pie looked great but a deep dish was about half full.Just passable, as was my wife's salmon.We declined free coffees ,and just wanted to get out as so very disappointing as it had been recommended.Explanation was that it was busier than usual for a Thursday and kitchen under pressure,so apologies were offered for poor service.There seemed to be noone in overall charge to register our views and we don't go out to find fault, as eating out is meant to be enjoyable .So my wife will not be taking her ladies there,so worthwhile from that point of view.Peter/Hemel Hempstead

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have been meaning to write a review for the Rose and Crown for a long time so please forgive this late review. My son had booked a table here as I didn't know the area at all. There were four of us and although we arrived early that was no problem. The atmosphere was great, everyone was very friendly and there was a good selection of food to choose from. Food was well presented, really tasty, and the service was very good. The bill was very reasonable. I'll definitely be returning when I next visit the area.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Our family group of eight arrived early yesterday evening 12th July, to have a meal at this pub. It was convenient as I live in the road on the estate above this pub. The men in the family had been motor cycling in Berkhamstead and were hungry. Part of the family were over here on holiday from Spain. We arrived and sat at a dirty glass topped table. We had drinks and our meals were ordered. One hour later we had to send someone inside to ask when we would be getting our food. The waiter and waitress arrived carrying plates. No greeting.....expressionless faces.... and the one word "Linguine?" No one at our table had ordered linguine so we waited again. The food was OK, but we had to go and ask for napkins as there were none on the cutlery stand. At no time did any of the staff come and ask if if everything was OK.. To top it all the people at the table next to us had a white Husky dog who barked the entire time we were there. I wanted to go and complain about the food.situation but the person paying ( a big bill) said we would never visit this pub for a meal again. I reckon if I walk down the lane to this pub this morning I will find the same filthy table that we sat at yesterday evening still had not been cleaned. So disappointed by the whole experience. . .