“So rude”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The staff in this restaurant are so rude the food is ok but the atmosphere & attitude of the girls behind the counter puts you off with their sulky faces !!!!!

2  Thank Lucylou1911

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Dalling's only opened a few years ago but it feels like it's been on the High Street forever. It's a lovely place to pop into at any time of the day for breakfast, paella or a Panini at lunchtime, tapas on a Thursday or Friday evening or just for a nice glass of wine. The food is good and there is always something new. Great wine shop next door too. The owners and staff are all very personable and friendly. This place is cherished by those of us who live in Kings Langley and all of my friends who live further afield who I've introduced it to have really liked it too. They also have lovely cheeses, charcuterie and home baked bread to take away.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Please note I have only recently started writing reviews on trip advisor and this review is from the previous year but following my experience there I still feel so ripped off that I have decided to post this. Having had a fantastic weekend getting married my new husband and I wanted a quick bite to eat on the Monday lunchtime before setting off on honeymoon, I wasn't to sure what I wanted so the young lad serving suggested putting together a plate of cold meats etc.

What we got was a rectangular plate with a bed of lettuce on, a pickled onion in the middle, some sun dried tomatoes, two small slices of Parma ham, two slices of salami, some pâté, two this slices of cheddar and one small mini baguette cut up (the par baked frozen variety).

This was for two people remember, when my husband went to pay he saw the bill being rung up, £8.50.......TWICE! Yes £17.00, I repeat £17.00. My husband obviously queried this to be told he could speak with the owner as she was about, he declined.

We have never been, and never will set foot in this establishment again, rip off is a total under estimate of what we got for our money. Service was never its strong point but as it was local and a non-chain outlet we used to support this business and often go for coffee and a cake.

Never again, unless I get a remortgage first to afford their vastly over inflated prices for minuscule portions.

2  Thank Rona S
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Love the place! More a deli and coffee bar than restaurant of course but always a treat to be had, whether it's the fantastic bread, or the tapas or just a quiet coffee watching the world pass by, there's a pleasant buzz about the place. Nice people too. In fact, I think I'll pop down there now! A nice little bit of Kings Langley....

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Great ale, good wine selection and lovely staff. Very relaxing and friendly environment to chill and sip some good wine. On ale includes Singha, Desperados and much much more