“Scrumptious”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Arrived to an empty restaurant and was given a seat on my upstairs away from any atmosphere via a very steep stairway with an exceptionally low beam – be warned!

The table was particularly unlevel due to the age of the building/floors but wished the waiter wouldn’t bounce down the adjacent step causing the whole table to rock.

The Chicken Chat starter arrived almost immediately after ordering, not sure this would have been possible if individually prepared as the menu states? However it was extremely good so who cares!

I highly recommend the chicken Hari Mirchi Bhuna cooked with fresh chillies, coriander, tomato and onion it was really good, great favours, texture and appearance. If you like a hotter dish order this you won’t be disappointed. They also offered a Narga Naan which I loved.

The food was great, the reception was how ever quite cool though. Come on Cinnamon Lounge lighten up have a chat, SELL your restaurant it’s good.

There are newer reviews for Cinnamon Lounge

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The best curry house I have ever been to. Wonderful spicy and rich food. Just watch your head on the way up the stairs.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We've eaten here twice - five years apart! We'd been told that the restaurant had been taken over by a new owner but the fact that it had the same chef and same problems seems to suggest that the family had swapped one name on the lease for another and kept all of the same people thus keeping all of the same problems.
I have been a vegetarian since I was 11 - the first time we went I asked for a vegetarian biryani, explaining that it had to be cooked entirely separately and separate utensils used and they said of course. Well, when the lamb biryani appeared I told them they'd made a mistake, I'd ordered a vegetarian one, so they took it away and 5 minutes later came back with it and said that there was an order from this table. My husband doesn't eat lamb, only chicken, so it wasn't him. I went down to the kitchen to discuss it with the chef and found out that we were the only ones in the restaurant! I explained that I was a vegetarian and he argued that I'd definitely ordered it. They were all so rude that we left; with the head waiter shouting at us that we still had to pay for drinks that hadn't even arrived, despite them bringing the wrong main courses!
Five years later we went back (when the "new" owners were supposed to be there) and this time the restaurant was half-full. This time I asked for a vegetable curry, expressing about cooking it separately with separate utensils and this time a chicken curry appeared - my husband had his sitting in front of him and he hadn't ordered two! Again, I went to the chef and it was the same person! I explained that I'd had the same problem last time and that I had now been a vegetarian for 17 years and I do not have any problems with communication nor my memory. He said I'd changed my mind and that we'd have to pay for the two chicken dishes and any other orders so we once again left - my husband hadn't touched his food as he was waiting for me and we'd only ordered a bottle of water which we hadn't even opened.
The staff are incredibly rude, incompetent and useless, they have no respect for anyone or anything. Don't eat here, there are plenty of other fine Indian restaurants around, this one will only ruin your night and apparently has no comprehension of vegetarian food!

1  Thank TalieBev
Reviewed 28 July 2013

What a nice change. Really tasty food and beautifully cooked. Will be going back without a doubt! The menu is very different with lots of new things to try.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Visited on a Saturday evening and could not believe that there was only one other couple eating. Usually the place is heaving but not this time. Our food was excellent as usual and, of course, we didn't have to wait to be served. When we left at 10pm the restaurant was empty. Hope there is not a reason for this.