“Good food for all” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cinnamon Lounge
Ranked #11 of 20 Restaurants in Kings Langley
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good food for all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ate here as we were staying in the local Premier Inn and fancied a curry. The place is bigger than it looks from the outside and was quite popular. The menu choices were extensive enough and the quality of the food was very good. It's a shame that they didn't do a kids portion of biriyani as my son ended up wasting over half of his dinner.

Visited May 2014

“'Gone downhill a bit! ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We've been coming here for several years and hadn't realised that it had changed hands - I only discovered this fact this evening when referring to TripAdvisor's reviews, following a slightly disappointing meal... My partner and I both felt the same - our chicken was rather chewy and lacking flavour and the sauces a bit unsubtle. Most significantly, the service was terribly slow - 60 minutes wait from ordering to receiving main courses! When mentioned to the waiter, he said they'd been experiencing high demand from the takeaway side (which he inferred was a justifiable reason for keeping us waiting!) I noted few people in the restaurant itself - maybe this is a consequence of their prioritising their takeaway service!

Kings Langley, United Kingdom
“Favourite Curry House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband booked my surprise 40th here for 25 friends and those who never been said how good it was, in fact the best curry place they had ever eaten at.
Its not cheap but the food is different from your average curry house.
Went last birthday mid week with the girls. We all love it

Visited March 2014
Worthing, England
“Nice enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I visited on a Monday evening yet there were plenty of patrons but still a few empty tables, particularly downstairs. Nevertheless, I was ushered up a steep flight of steps (mind your head) and seated at a window overlooking the street. I fear it may have been the same position as a previous reviewer, as I was subjected to the bouncing of the waiters giving the effect of dining on a trampoline.

Service was courteous, if a little slow for a solo eater, with plenty of staff milling about doing nothing. It took 10 minutes to get a drink and a menu.

I ordered the lamb momo starter (not dissimilar to spicy, overcooked Mongolian lamb in a Chinese restaurant), accompanied by an insipid and uninspiring salad, and I was grateful for the raitha to moisten things up. I went on to the Murgh (chicken) Makhani which was decent, although edging towards a pistachio-laden tikka masala. I enjoyed it.

In truth, the portions could have been larger and serving an empty plate with the rice and curry in separate (hot) bowls is not ideal, I feel. Arthritic customers may need rubber gloves for grip.

All in all, not bad but a little overpriced at £18.85 in total. The Prince of Bengal in Cassiobury is a better choice.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Best Indian by far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Amazing food and great service, first time we went for a meal as usually get take away and it was very enjoyable

Visited November 2013