“Clean, comfortable and pleasant staff.”

Premier Inn Kings Langley Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kings Langley
Pontypool, United Kingdom
“Clean, comfortable and pleasant staff.”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Usual Premier Inn, nice rooms, comfy bed, couldn't fault it really. Family room good value, kids eat free next morning with paying adults in the restaurant next door. Good access into Hemel Hempstead.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
newcastle/england
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stay at the Premier Inn KL quite often and the staff and the rooms simply cannot be faulted.

Despite a recent poor experience in the Young Pretender restaurant i decided to give to try again for breakfast on a Sunday morning.

Sadly i wish i hadnt...

The young girl at the door seemed somewhat perplexed that i hadnt booked, even though there couldnt have been more than 10 people seated when i arrived

The baked beans were stone cold and i needed a hacksaw to cut the sausages rather than a knife. The eggs looked like something from a 1970"s motorway cafe.

The bacon was streaky, the hash browns overcooked.

The orange juice was luke warm and obviously out of a carton.

For £8.25 (twice the cost of my local Toby) i expected a lot better.

Its a real shame that this fine Premier Inn is being spoilt by the restaurant next door.

I will certainly stay at the hotel again but will not be returning for breakfast or any other meal...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank KJ5556
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I booked my daughters into the hotel because we were attending a funeral. The rooms were secured with my own debit card, even though they were booked in the girls names (who still share my surname). When they arrived, I wasn't with them.

The girls were arriving separately and when my first daughter checked in the receptionist told her that the hotel could not take payment from me over the phone using my card because of the risk of fraud, despite the clear connection between me and my daughters and the fact that I'd pre-booked. My daughter ended up having to pay for herself.

As I was concerned that my second daughter would arrive late at night without any means to pay for her own room, I drove 25 minutes to the hotel after 9pm, leaving the family members who were preparing for the funeral the next day.

When I asked why it had not been possible to pay over the phone, the receptionist said that it was the hotel's policy not to take card payments over the phone when the room had been pre-booked via an online hotel finder website. However, she confirmed that she would have taken payment over the phone if I had booked directly with Premier Inn! When I explained that I was unhappy because I'd had to leave the people I really should have been with that evening, she told me that she was only following company policy and that I should have checked the terms and conditions when I booked. Maybe it is "company policy", but why is the risk of fraud greater if I book through a third party? (And anyway, doesn't the bank lose out, rather than the hotel, if the transaction is fraudulent?!) So when I then said that I didn't think that she was handling the situation with very much empathy, she told me that she didn't make the rules and that I should be more careful next time.

Why didn't I try and resolve all this over the phone at the time, or later, instead of posting this review? Because Premier Inn put you through to a central number and charge you 10p per minute for the privilege.

Maybe I'm just a whinger and a whiner, but the lesson is clear. Check the small print and don't expect any kind of empathy from Premier Inn if you make a mistake.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank colemorefarm
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Kings Langley Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

On a quick visit to the area we stayed in this Premier Inn (actually it is the second time I have used it). I use the Premier Inns a lot and this one was typical of what you expect. Good clean modern rooms, attentative staff, good prices and a bar/restaurant next door. On arrival we found the room quite cold and could not get the thermostat to work properly. Went to the front desk and the lady came back to the room with me, tried it, and then said she'd get me plug in heater - which she duly did. We had twin beds - good pillows but I found the beds a tad on the hard side. All in all I'd go back (as I already have.)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
kent uk
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here after visiting the local Warner brothers studio tour (Harry Potter tour). This is just a couple of miles away & was perfectly situated & easy to find. The rooms were clean,beds comfortable & the bathrooms clean apart from a few spots of mould on the wall (although hardly noticeable). The staff were very friendly. We took a walk into the village of Kings Langley which the hotel is about 3 minutes walk from. It was quite quaint, and could give other options for dinners - indian, pizza, fish & chips. The restaurant that is attached to the hotel - we were told we didn't need to book and just turn up and give our room number, luckily we went to check on the childrens menu during the afternoon and were told actually we would have to book! Bit of a misunderstanding maybe?. the food there was lovely, a nice bit of variety and perfectly cooked. Childrens food was great too & all was eaten up so it must have been good - they even catered for my fussy 4 year old who wanted a banana sundae without the banana!! Can't think of any negatives. Would recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Wales
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed here in order to visit the Harry Potter Tour which is just a couple of miles away.

The rooms were lovely and clean with a fantastic comfy bed and powerful shower. The staff was helpful and very pleasant.

I highly recommend the £6.99 carvery in the pub next door, it was really delicious as was the breakfast next morning.

Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed at the Kings Langley Premier Inn shortly after New Year. Everything was very clean and pleasent. Staff all were attentive from check in to check out. The breakfast was very good and the whole stay good value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kings Langley
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel
Jurys Inn London Watford
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempst...
#1 of 11 in Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn London - Watford Junction
Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction

Been to Premier Inn Kings Langley Hotel? Share your experiences!