“excellent premier inn - shame about the breakfast”

Premier Inn Kings Langley Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kings Langley
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Really good reception staff who offered to help us with our cases. Large room with very comfortable bed. Quiet room 33a. BUT the breakfast is poor with cheap ingredients. The sausages were particularly nasty and the crumpets are appalling! How much does a crumpet cost? Why use such bad basics - it's such a shame as the basic Premier Inn product is so reliable.
And while I'm about it why do they make you use 0845 numbers to contact the hotel. Why can't they provide an ordinary landline number. Seems like profiteering.
Both the breakfast and the 0845 numbers are starting to alienate me as a customer.

Room Tip: Room 33a very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rjrLeeds
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Kings Langley Hotel

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I've never stayed in a premier inn before and this one has made me sure I will book with this group again. The reception staff were smiling, friendly and helpful - the rooms clean, tidy and comfortable and the restaurant/pub next door was perfect - friendly, affordable and a good quality. We had dinner at the pub (young pretender) and also breakfast - all booked through the reception at the hotel. The next day we headed over to the Harry Potter studio tour which took 8 mins by car from the hotel - the perfect location for a relaxing night and morning before a fantastic experience at he studios!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My company put me up in Kings Langley for one night as i was supposed to travel to my business meeting at Heathrow by train but tube strikes put an end to that, the room was really nice, had a great comfy bed, which i needed after a long drive, both meals i had in the restaurant next door were much better than expected for the price. I would visit again!.

Room Tip: My room (40) was above the front entrance, whilst it did not bother me, it may bother some, that gue...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed here for one night when visiting the Harry Potter tour the following day. The receptionist was very helpful, we requested sheets, as often find the duvet to heavy and hot, and she went out of her way to google some local attractions to visit on the morning of the tour. Breakfast was in the pub next door, the breakfast is eat as much as you want, it is self service, not cooked fresh to order unlike some of the Premier Inns we have stayed at. A pleasant stay overall.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We were booked on the 9am harry potter tour and did not arrive at the hotel until after 9pm the night before, but although we spent less than 12 hours here there is plenty to commend.
Not very well signposted for those unfamiliar to the area, thank goodness for sat nav.
Big car park.
Lovely, attentive service from the receptionist, who took harry potter affecianados in her stride.
Clean, spacious, modern room
AMAZINGLY HUGE COMFY BED!

Something that may be particular to me is that I detest the rise of `on trend` hotels which only have a shower/ wet room. If I am in a hotel it is because I'm either at work or on holiday, on both occasions I want the opportunity to wallow in a bubble bath. I can get a two minute shower at home.
I find that being slightly taller than average if you do get a bath tub it is too small to get your shoulders and knees in at the same time. What a difference this was. I haven't had a bathtub so comfy since I was working in The Hague, thanks to the Dutch being the tallest population on earth.

Complaints:
Not enough pillows and no hotel phone in the room so having to get dressed and going to reception late at night.
The kettle took nearly 15 minutes to boil.
Annoying but that is the worst I could say.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Recently had a two night stay at the above. Clean and tidy, friendly helpful receptionists. Car can get busy so make sure you find a parking space early. Breakfast served in pub next door. Big fry up and eat as much as you want. Kept us going all day !! Handy for local attractions, we visited harry potter studios, literally 2 mins by car. Handy for central London, station two minutes away.
Great big beds, great nights sleep. Only niggle....no air con. Couldn't leave windows open due to noise coming from pub next door( large open air decking outside pub).
I would recommend this premier inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at rear. Not overlooking car park
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon C
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great hotel for family visit to local atractions; in our case we were visiting family and also took in a show in London...but didn't want to pay London prices for accommodation. The Hotel is set way back from the road, so quiet at night and is next to a good pub/restaurant that offers a carvery for excellent value; other restaurants are also available within walking distance included a fish and chip shop. Only downside was that our two children found their beds uncomfortable...which could have been remedied had I complained earlier than on departure but we only stayed two nights and since the children were exhausted on night one it wasn't an issue. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kings Langley
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempst...
#1 of 10 in Hemel Hempstead
Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction
Jurys Inn London Watford
The Grove Hotel
The Grove Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chandler's Cross

Been to Premier Inn Kings Langley Hotel? Share your experiences!