“Perfect place to 'be'”
Review of Bredward Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kington
Bredward Farm
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I won't repeat what others have said about the outstanding welcome, food, shower/toilet block, location or surroundings. I will simply wholeheartedly agree and talk specifically about the Shepherd's Hut, which is new to the site.

I think you'll especially love it if you're one (or all!) of these describe you:
1) You love the peace and simplicity of camping but miss a comfy bed and a cup of tea in a china mug.
2) You have a stressful job (I'm a teacher) and the idea of swapping laptop and telly for a slower pace of life appeals.
3) You like the sound of rain on a tin roof while you read under a duvet. You like roaming the hills on blue-sky and cloud days. You almost hope it's a chilly night so you have an excuse to light the stove, sit on the steps and watch the stars come out.
4) You want to stay in a Shepherd's Hut but aren't sure which is the best value for money (HUGE cooked breakfast delivered to the door every morning - among many other things the others don't do).

Can't speak too highly of this place and the Hut - Lorraine's thought of everything. I love exploring different places but this is one of only two places I've been on holiday that I plan on returning to.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 August 2012

We booked 3 campsite pitches and the shepherd's hut for our group of 7 over the August Bank Holiday weekend. We arrived in the rain on Friday evening and Lorraine was immediately welcoming, showing us the campsite and the lovely shepherd's hut.

The campsite was in perfect condition when we arrived and it is clearly very well looked after. The loo and shower facilities are great and kept nice and clean. We really loved the shepherd's hut, which was full of handy surprises like a games compendium, which came in handy in the evenings.

We would love to visit Bredward Farm again, whether we're camping or trying out the B&B, or even hiring out the Cider Press cottage.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I couldn't have been made to feel more welcome here and instantly felt at ease. After having stayed for three nights I would certainly consider myself just as much a friend as a guest. The surroundings are wonderful, the place itself is like something that can only be described as a rural family home of times gone by with modern necessities needed for today.

I was made to feel very welcome and included and it felt as though instantly that I had been here for weeks. The fine filly in the yard pining for attention along with the donkey made bredward farm a wonderful retreat after a days work at the royal welsh show. I shall definitely be returning before next year!! Everything down to the Egyptian cotton towels exuded premium and quality whilst maintaining traditional features and values which is rarely found these days.

Would reccend to anyone!!!

Thanks from joe in cheltenham

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 30 June 2012

During the past five years we have been relatively frequent visitors to Bredward Farm Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site. As emphasized in the other reviews, it is a beautifully landscaped and superbly maintained site with hospitality above and beyond the usual.
Its one deficiency, for us, has been the lack of toilet and shower facilities, but, to be fair, very few CSs have these. Now, however, Bredward Farm has a bijou, very efficient, modern TOILET AND SHOWER unit. We can definitely say this is the best CS we have ever visited, and we award it the maximum five stars!
Bill and Avril Watson

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William W
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We have just returned from our second stay at Bredward Farm. As before, we had a refreshing and enjoyable visit. Lorraine and Ian made every effort to make our stay enjoyable and whilst they can't chnage the weather (which was wet), Bredward Farm is an excellent place to be, rain or shine.

We stayed in the self-catering cottage next to the B&B, our friends were in a caravan on the farm's campsite. The Farm is, therfore, a good plavce for a group holiday, with different types of accomodation to suit different tastes. Since our visit last year Lorraine and Ian have installed a shepherd's hut as well, which offers another option.

We have already booked for our hoiday next year!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I only stayed for one night, i wish i had stayed for a week. If your looking for something different then i can REALLY recommend this.
Lorrain and Ian were really welcoming on my arrival, nothing was to much bother for them.
This really is a great place to stay and i think other B&B owners could learn a few lesson's from a stay with Lorrain and Ian. Their farm is truly beautiful and i cant wait to go back there. I cant rate this place enough.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Two friends and I camped at Bredward Farm on the 4th of June 2012 for one night, on the fourth day of our walk on Offa's Dyke.

The site is well situated on a quiet country road with a lovely stone house and very attractive garden in the front. The camping area was clean, neat and very pleasant, sporting plenty of soft cut grass and a pond. Views all around are very pleasant.

The highlight of the stay has to be the hospitality of the host and hostess. One rarely encounters such hospitality. I know my 2 friends share the view that while we were only there one night - it was very pleasant and a highlight on our walk.

I would have no hesitation in highly recommending this location as a camp site or B&B and intend taking my wife there at the first opportunity.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends