“Speedy service, tasty food!”

Saverys Licensed Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 54 Restaurants in Leominster
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A lovely traditional English restaurant with great food, drinks and service in the lovely market town of Leominster, Herefordshire, England.
Llandovery
“Speedy service, tasty food!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Called in for a quick snack, freshly made, tasty and enjoyable, so I was very surprised to see reviews detailing poor service.
The three members of staff with whom we had contact were very pleasant, even acceding immediately to my request to have half of my sandwich packed to go as I had a bad mouth ulcer.
For a quick snack, it was great and when I mentioned it to a nearby shop owner, he concurred that it was a good place for speedy service, good local food and not too expensive.

• Visited August 2013

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing food and service”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

When premises call themselves a restaurant, we usually expect good food and service. Saverys is basically a trying to go upmarket snack cafe.

Shabby with marked table cloths, unclean salt and pepper pot and grubby menus we wish we had not stayed. Our order was taken at the table and drinks brought quickly, the food took another 10 minutes. The tea pot I had needed a good wash as it was greasy.

We both had hot BLT my husbands in white bread, mine in granary. Granary is a proprietary name for a specific brand of bread, the bread I got was bog standard brown sliced. The menu said they would be served with either a salad or crisps. They came with neither. When I spoke to the assistant, she said "oh really" and walked off (presumably to sort it out). She then passed by 2 tables away from where we were sitting and called over to say the they were bringing the salad - one small dish arrived.

The staff were not wearing aprons and liked their jewellery, not good food hygiene standard presentation.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jan T
Leominster, United Kingdom
“Is life looking up at Saverys?”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We know this place well. The breakfasts have always been good. The friendliness of the waiting staff has never been good. One particular waitress had always been sour, never smiled, and clearly wasnt enjoying her work. But, the new owner whilst saying that nothing has changed with the food or staff, has clearly been giving lessons on how to treat customers. The sour waitress was actually quite friendly, asked how we were, and had a smile! This is a useful cafe, and I really hope the new owner can bring it back up to scratch and provide a place in which people feel welcome and enjoy the food. Out with the old and in with the new. I wish him well and hope he can turn this place around.

• Visited July 2013
“Delicious food, lovely new owners & great refurbishment!”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I went recently for breakfast with my family and it was delicious!! I met the new owner who was incredibly helpful and talked me through the menu. The refurb has really freshened the whole place it looks brilliant! I'll definitely be back on a much more regular basis now!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rhilloyd
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Breakfast”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Had a lovely breakfast at this cosy cafe. Managed to get one of the sought after tables in the window. The food was top notch - well cooked and not at all greasy. The owner was really nice - I left my scarf and she followed me up the street to return it! This will be my regular cafe when in Leominster.

• Visited March 2013