“Excellent good B&B”
Review of Copper Hall

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leominster
Copper Hall
Ranked #10 of 13 Leominster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Excellent B&B, friendly greeting and service, nice home cooked breakfast, rooms very clean and comfortable, would stay there again. This B&B is nicely situated just a few hundred yards out of town, avoids the noisy town at night, but very easy access to the centre and all the pubs and restaurants. Reasonably priced.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank mark_hardie

Reviewed 19 July 2011

A group of 6 stopped here on a cycling trip to Scotland and we stayed for one night. On arrival we were greeted with an offer of tea and biscuits and allowed to put our bikes in their garage. We also used the garage for a bit of bike maintenance which the owner let us do and was a huge help to us.

The facilities were very good and the breakfast was great. From reading the other reviews, the owner gets a bit of a bad rep, but we found him to just have a strange sense of humour. It wouldn't put me off staying again and this is one of the groups favourite places we stopped on the trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Contrary to some of the poor reviews we have read which made us shake our heads. We found Copper Hall really wonderful. We have stayed there twice this year. We were made to feel very welcome, Mrs and Mrs Crick were very friendly and helpful. On arrival we were given tea and biscuits which was very welcome after a long drive. Our rooms were excellent, way above the usual B & B standard. The breakfasts were absolutley delicious, they certainly gave us a good start to the day.

If you like quality and you enjoy excellent food., Copper Hall is the place to stay. It's Great!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2011

The accommodation is situated just a 3-4 minutes stroll from the centre of Leominster and has plenty of off road parking spaces.
I was met by the proprietors, Christine and Stuart who were most welcoming and advised me on the best pubs and restaurants in Leominster and their locations.
The property is an absolutely beautiful 17th century house complete with original beams and plenty of character to every room, with a large, well kept, walled garden bursting with colour at the time of my visit.
I was a single business traveller but was given a twin room and only charged a very resonable rate. The room itself was on the first floor and had a good sized, clean bathroom with shower which was powerful. Toiletries were supplied along with the usual set of towels.
The bedroom was nicely decorated, very large and clean and had bay windows on two sides of it. There was plenty of hanging space in the large wardrobe and there was also a large chest of drawers.There was a well stocked tea and coffee tray along with biscuits and bottled water. A neat, unobtrusive, flat screen television was in the corner.
The beds were very comfortable and I had a good nights sleep.
I was asked what time I would like breakfast and I had this in the beautiful breakfast room overlooking the garden through the large patio doors. Breakfast was a full English and was well presented, hot and tasty. I could also choose to have cereal, fruit juice and toast along with tea and coffee.
All in all I would say that Copper Hall represented excellent value for money and a good base for exploring the surrounding area.
Christine and Stuart could not do enough for me and I would not hesitate in recommending this bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: Book direct
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2011

After booking Copper Hall, some new reviews appeared on Trip Advisor that made me want to cancel the booking. However, the place was clean, comfortable and good value. The facilities were a step above most B&Bs- nice thick towels, complimentary shampoo, comditioner and mineral water. We had three rooms all of which were en suite and spacious. One point is that someone tall must have hung the mirrors/hooks and light pull cords!
The owner was helpful in accommodating our 6 bikes and offered to get details for me for taxis. I did not have any issues with him but some of our party did e.g. splitting the bill on a couple of credit cards was out of the question. One of our party summed it up that 'people like him should not work in hospitality' but, as I say, I did not have any major issues, he was just a bit gruff

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank MillysTravels
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Owner was rude and aggressive towards me and other members of my family. He seems to be totally intolerant of young children, even if well behaved. Room, breakfast etc perfectly fine but made to feel uncomfortable and unwelcome by male host. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Cyril99
Reviewed 22 April 2011

We stayed here for my sister's wedding and were pleased with our accommodation when we arrived but soon realised that the owner wasn't very friendly. He was extremely abrupt and when I let my sister into the room when she arrived he let himself in and said 'I want you to register' and then 'It looks like you've taken over the place' (in a serious annoyed tone of voice).

At breakfast the following morning he told my young boy off (1 year old) for banging on the table (even though he wasn't causing any harm or being loud) and asked for him to stop playing with my room key as it would get messy! I was shocked at how rude he was and resented paying for our visit.

We noticed he liked chatting to the older residents but was very short and unaccommodating to the younger guests meaning we couldn't relax at all.

If you are thinking of staying here I would find somewhere else where your money would be better spent.

A shame as the rooms were nice and nice gardens. The man's wife was lovely but unfortunately she was never front of house. We just couldn't understand why he was a B&B owner.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family