“Warm and welcome”
Review of Highgate House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leominster
Highgate House
Ranked #1 of 13 Leominster B&B and Inns
Plymouth, Devon
“Warm and welcome”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

First impressions count, and mine was very positive from the time I called to make a booking and spoke to Margaret.
On arrival I was met by Cyril, who introduced me to Margaret and found them both to be a charming couple.
My room was comfortable and clean and well maintained.
Breakfast was cooked to order as well as offering a lovely fruit salad and all the normal trimmings.
In fact the breakfast served here was far superior then a recent breakfast I had while staying at a Hilton Hotel in London.
I will be travelling to Leominster on a regular basis and will always look for a vacancy with Cyril and Margaret first.
Highly recommended for a stay in the region.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Margaret M, Owner at Highgate House, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
So glad you enjoyed your short stay with us and we'll be pleased to welcome you back, next time you need to be in Leominster.

Can't believe our breakfast is better than the London Hilton-----perhaps they'll give me a job!!

Really kind of you to take time to do us a review as it's always useful to have guests feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Leominster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Highgate House is not to be missed! Cyril and Margaret are the warmest hosts, and their rooms immaculate and stylish! Everyday Margaret surprises her guests with a piece of her magnificent home baked goodies, and their breakfasts are everything one needs to begin their day with! I have returned numerous times and feel like I am a part of their extended family now!

Room Tip: Every room is special! Sorry no favorites
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Margaret M, Owner at Highgate House, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
So nice to find out on Trip Advisor how much you enjoy staying in our B and B but we guessed you liked staying with us by the number of times you've been our guest. It's always a pleasure to see you and find out how you're coping in your various jobs. Here's to the next time and very many thanks for your kind review
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Cyril and Maggie were most welcoming, we had a lovely stay, very clean and comfortable (best night sleep) and a great breakfast. We managed to find plenty of things to do in the local area, and the country side is beautiful, well worth a visit.

Room Tip: There are only 3 to choose from, we had room 1- very nice
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Margaret M, Owner at Highgate House, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. It was lovely to meet you both and your lovely friends after so long ( 28 years ) Perhaps it won't be so long until the next time !!
Buckhurst Hill, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was my first visit to Leominster and to Highgate House with a friend. Margaret and Cyril and Cyril made us very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. The house is lovely, the rooms clean and tastefully furnished and the beds very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and plentiful. The surrounding countryside is beautiful and there are National Trust properties and other gardens within easy radius. The Black and White houses in nearby villages are well worth a visit. I certainly hope to visit the area again soon and will definitely try to stay at Highgate House.

Room Tip: There are three bedrooms - a double, a twin and a family room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Margaret M, Owner at Highgate House, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Cyril and I were delighted to receive your wonderful review and to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and to the Herefordshire area as well. There is certainly plenty to see and do and it was all made even better with the great weather. We would be very happy to meet you both again as return guests are our greatest compliment. Very many thanks to you both.
Worcestershire
Reviewed 28 May 2014

YES, 97% of TripAdvisor reviewers give "Highgate House" a fully-deserved "Excellent" rating.

B+Bs don't get much better than this ...

My wife and I stayed at "Highgate House" (our first visit) for two nights that included my birthday. What can I add to the comments from other guests who've stayed there many times?

We stayed in Room 1: a large room overlooking the colourful garden, with very comfy beds (double & single). Lovely large en-suite shower with complimentary toiletries - a nice touch, as is the home-made cake and bottled water in the room, as others have commented. Everywhere is spotlessly clean.

When it comes to cooked breakfasts, I'm fussy. The fact that I cleared my plate shows that the bacon was lean (no fat at all) and the breakfast "grease-free". A tasty breakfast to start the day.

It's just a 10-minute walk into the centre of Leominster where there's a good choice of pubs & restaurants. "The Chequers" in Etnam Street is an atmospheric old-fashioned pub that serves good food (check out their "speciality" - a choice of delicious locally made pies). "The Talbot" (Best Western Hotel) has an old-fashioned bar serving decent meals - my pasta dish came with the tastiest Bolognese sauce that I've enjoyed in a long while, including Italian restaurants.

Margaret and Cyril are splendid hosts. You are made to feel so welcome in their lovely home, and Margaret is usually around when you are going out or coming in, if you need to ask about anything.. As I said at the start of this review ... B+Bs don't get much better than this.

Room Tip: Room 1: Spacious room. Very comfy double + single beds. Large en-suite shower. Views over colourful...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CreweAlexForever
Margaret M, Owner at Highgate House, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Cyril and I were delighted to receive your wonderful review and want to thank you sincerely for taking the time and trouble to post it on Trip Advisor. Must tell you that we have received another
"Certificate of excellence" for 2014.
It was a real pleasure to have you both as our guests and glad you enjoyed your short time with us and in Leominster. There's lots to see in the area so perhaps you'll make another visit soon.
Hope all is going well with the " little addition to your family"
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Annually, I attend a society meeting in Leominster and for the past four years I have chosen to stay at this wonderful B& B so expertly run by Margaret and Cyril, this year being no exception.The combination of the homely Herefordshire hospitality and the beautifully maintained
and furnished rooms make this establishment absolutely perfect. Lovely attention to detail, such as homemade cake and first class breakfast, sets this out as being first class in every respect. To anyone looking for such accommodation in the area , this establishment cannot be recommended
highly enough !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank neale_long40
Margaret M, Owner at Highgate House, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
How lovely to receive such a glowing review after your annual stay with us. I will pass on your compliments to the staff,oh that's Cyril and myself!!
We're so glad you still enjoy your stay in Leominster every year and we're so pleased to help to make it enjoyable.
Look forward to next year. Many thanks.
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was my fifth visit to Highgate, and it was as enjoyable as ever.
Very friendly and warm welcome and service. The homemade cake is always a nice touch too!

B&B is a 10 minute or so walk from the centre of Leominster. There is a Wetherspoon's pub in the town - The Duke's Head. Good fish and chip shop on Etnam Street.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Margaret M, Owner at Highgate House, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us again and for your kind review. It's always great to see you and your friends and to hear about your conference. Look forward to next year's visit, it will be here before you know!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leominster
Talbot Hotel
#13 of 13 in Leominster
Lower Bache House
Lower Bache House
#1 of 1 in Kimbolton

Been to Highgate House? Share your experiences!