Highgate House
The Royal Oak(Leominster)
US$61
  • Bar/Lounge
Orbitz.com
Travelodge Ludlow Hotel(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
US$220
  • Restaurant
US$126
The Priory Hotel(Stretton Sugwas)
US$164
US$106
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$113
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscaketown centretea and coffeehome from homewonderful establishmentfront of the houseundercover parkingfull englishbreakfast was deliciousten minute walk into townthe trip advisor reviewslarge shower cubicleno exceptiongreat place to stayfeel very welcomeperfect staywonderful hosts
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Many thanks to Margaret and Cyril. My mother and I came for a family wedding and had a really good weekend with lovely cakes and breakfasts made by Margaret .Cyril also helped us by driving us back from a couple of family gatherings .
Unfortunately my elderly mother took a fall during the night and broke her pelvis. Despite being woken at 3am, Margaret was brilliant and even brought a cup of tea to calm me down while the ambulance staff were busy. Thankfully my mother is now slowly recovering her mobility.
We would thoroughly recommend this B&B as an excellent place to stay with hosts who will do anything they can to help you enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Margaret M, Owner at Highgate House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Cyril and I were delighted to find such a great review on Trip Advisor, especially as you'd already sent us a lovely " thank you card "

I don't think we'll ever forget your super Mum. She so enjoyed having all her family around and didn't she look great leaving for the wedding. She reminded me so much of "Nanny " who we list last year at nearly 103!!

So glad to hear she's on the mend and perhaps you'll both be able to make another trip to Leominster soon

Reviewed 27 July 2014

From the warm friendly conversation when booking, to our three night stay everything was fautless. Breakfasts well cooked and a good choice of food. Surprise home baked cakes every day a welcome treat. Would recommend this B&B to anyone who appreciates spotless and comfortable rooms. One of the warmest welcome we have ever had when staying in accomodation throughout the British Isles.
Thank you Cyril and Margaret can't wait for an excuse to visit this lovely area again.

Room Tip: only three rooms all equally good
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Margaret M, Owner at Highgate House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Cyril and I were delighted to discover your wonderful review on Trip Advisor and want to thank you very much for taking the time to write it.
As you can probably tell, we really enjoy having all our different guests stay at Highgate House.
We like trying to get guests to interact at breakfast instead of everyone whispering quietly on their own tables. We also try to make sure they visit the most suitable places of interest and eat in our favourite restaurants.
It was lovely to meet you both and let's hope you'll be back again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

First impressions count, and mine was very positive from the time I called to make a booking and spoke to Margaret.
On arrival I was met by Cyril, who introduced me to Margaret and found them both to be a charming couple.
My room was comfortable and clean and well maintained.
Breakfast was cooked to order as well as offering a lovely fruit salad and all the normal trimmings.
In fact the breakfast served here was far superior then a recent breakfast I had while staying at a Hilton Hotel in London.
I will be travelling to Leominster on a regular basis and will always look for a vacancy with Cyril and Margaret first.
Highly recommended for a stay in the region.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Margaret M, Owner at Highgate House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

So glad you enjoyed your short stay with us and we'll be pleased to welcome you back, next time you need to be in Leominster.

Can't believe our breakfast is better than the London Hilton-----perhaps they'll give me a job!!

Really kind of you to take time to do us a review as it's always useful to have guests feedback.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Highgate House is not to be missed! Cyril and Margaret are the warmest hosts, and their rooms immaculate and stylish! Everyday Margaret surprises her guests with a piece of her magnificent home baked goodies, and their breakfasts are everything one needs to begin their day with! I have returned numerous times and feel like I am a part of their extended family now!

Room Tip: Every room is special! Sorry no favorites
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Margaret M, Owner at Highgate House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

So nice to find out on Trip Advisor how much you enjoy staying in our B and B but we guessed you liked staying with us by the number of times you've been our guest. It's always a pleasure to see you and find out how you're coping in your various jobs. Here's to the next time and very many thanks for your kind review

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Cyril and Maggie were most welcoming, we had a lovely stay, very clean and comfortable (best night sleep) and a great breakfast. We managed to find plenty of things to do in the local area, and the country side is beautiful, well worth a visit.

Room Tip: There are only 3 to choose from, we had room 1- very nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Margaret M, Owner at Highgate House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. It was lovely to meet you both and your lovely friends after so long ( 28 years ) Perhaps it won't be so long until the next time !!