“Small, out of the way but unmissable”
Review of Bangla Lounge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bangla Lounge
Ranked #17 of 55 Restaurants in Leominster
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Can be found here http://www.sugarvine.com/birmingham/search/restaurant_search.asp?restaurant=98154
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We visited the Bangla Lounge located above Specsavers on West Street in Leominster after it was recommended to us by fellow hotel residents. My wife and I were warmly welcomed as we walked through the door, we had t climb 2 flights of stairs though to get there.The was a considerable choice of meals from the menu. I chose something I had not tried before as did my wife. I had a really tasty starter that was almost main meal sized. The pickle tray was fresh and loaded with 5 very tasty dishes. The main course was excellent, more than plenty of it and well presented.We were attended to by friendly helpful staff that topped off the whole meal. Then came the bill, £31 including 2 rounds of soft drinks as its a BYO and several extras..fantastic value. Visiting Leominster then visit the Bangla Lounge.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Lots of Indian restaurants in the area, but this is the best by far. The staff are very friendly and helpful as well. Nice to be able to take your own drink. However they don't accept card payments.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

This is a clean smart upstairs restaurant with a wide selection on the menu. They don't take an type of payment card and they don't sell alcohol - you can bring your own.

The shame is they play non-indian music, so you might a well be in a room anywhere eating an indian meal, there is no authentic atmosphere to it.

The food was all right, but nothing special. I tried two dishes I had not heard of before and they tasted of more or less like lots of indian food I have eaten elsewhere. I felt disappointed.

I will give full marks for the pashwari nan - which was hot and tasty.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is our favourite Friday night place with friends. Small, but welcoming and very good service. Yes, it's BYO and, no, it's not the fanciest place...but it's clean and well appointed.

1  Thank starfish97
Reviewed 29 December 2012

There are quite a few curry houses in the area and we have tried most of them, however this is easily the best of them all. The food is very tasty, the staff are friendly and welcoming AND you get to save some money because you can bring your own alcoholic drinks. We have never been let down there. My wife and children love it (my eleven year old son even chose to have his birthday meal there). I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation.

1  Thank Tim W