“Nice food, Nice staff ”

Ranked #10 of 55 Restaurants in Leominster
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A long established, popular family business our food is reasonably priced and of a consistently a high quality. With quite a large and varied menu we have aim to please everyone. Barista trained staff ensure a great cup of coffee and a happy atmosphere.
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We went up the stairs to the Flying Dutchman, quite packed, and we went straight up to the till and ordered our food; I had a New York City sandwich, my wife had a ham baguette, my 5 year old son had to ask for a smaller ham baguette because they don't have a children's menu and my 8 year old daughter had some scampi and chips! Worked out at £43 and we were full so I would recommended it but just there isn't a kids menu!

1  Thank Joshpickard
MaxGeerlings, Owner at Flying Dutchman, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am writing out a childrens menu as soon as this reply is sent, thanks for pointing it out! regards Max

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I went in here a couple of Saturdays ago and ordered the full-English breakfast.

I sat upstairs, which is lovely; bright, airy and comfortable.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was fantastic. One of the nicest breakfasts I've ever had...

If you're in Leominster or just passing through I'd highly recommend going in here. I only had the breakfast and a coffee, but the other food being served also looked excellent. There is a large menu with varieties of food that will cater to all tastes - it is equally very well priced and provides excellent value for money. I'll certainly be returning.

2  Thank Carl D
MaxGeerlings, Owner at Flying Dutchman, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2014

A great response, thank you very much kind sir! Regards Max

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just so love T.F.Dutch (for the last 30+years). For a catchup with friends it's the up-stairs and when shopping I so look forward to a great sandwich to pick up downstairs

For such a long time we slithered in through the one narrow door whilst being very polite to those inside as we just wanted some of the totally delicious choices and now we have the great wider entrance & cabinet so all good.

I will continue to visit & enjoy however, just a tiny point, the mayo in sandwiches is now a tad thin (think the staff said it's Lemon Mayo) so I have to ask for the thicker version so I don't wear it on my return to the car. Staff are always very helpful & accommodating when I ask and they make it up accordingly with the traditional version, thank you.

Many thanks to F.D. Team. Will continue to visit & would HIGHLY RECOMMEND to all.

3  Thank Annes846

We really appreciate your lovely comments about the Dutchman, our staff thrive on positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again Kind regards Max

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I regularly visit the flying dutchman when in Leominster, it offers a high quality of food with great service. The portions are very generous and service is usually very speedy. My only criticism would be access with a pushchair is impossible if you are on your own, and I prefer to eat in the upstairs part as it doesn't seem to get as busy.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Dirty table, inedible panini, coffee weak as dishwater. We ordered tomato and basil panini, one small segment of tomato, one leaf of basil, total overload of cheese (allegedly mozarella), base too hard to eat. Not what a hungry traveller was looking for!

2  Thank Mike H