“A fantastic meal :-)”
Review of Talbot Hotel

Talbot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Leominster
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We were staying nearby and one night decided to treat ourselves to a meal out.

I'm so pleased we decided to go here - staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. The food was amazing - we all commented that the food was very tasty. We all had starters and main courses - the portion sizes were very good so we were all too full to try a pudding.

If we are back in the area wouldn't think twice about coming here for a meal.

1  Thank Wendzd
There are newer reviews for Talbot Hotel

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Oh dear! We booked a two night stay through living social and left after only one night. Let's be fair here though- the problems are not the fault of the staff and are not the sort of things the staff can rectify. The noise during the night from drunks outside was both unbearable and relentless. In addition the floorboards from upstairs were so creaky that it sounded like a Heard of wilder east we're staying in the room above. The people in the room above we're totally inconsiderate and spoke loudly on their return to the room at 2am. They definitely had an excellent nights sleep as we could hear deafening snoring for the rest of the night.
The staff here however are lovely. We told the receptionist our reasons for leaving and she did everything possible to rectify the situation but we just wanted to go home.
The rooms are a bit shabby and not perfectly clean but to be honest the hotel is fine for the money it's just selfish and inconsiderate people both outside and as guests that spoil things for others. This hotel can't be held responsible for that.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clare H
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My son's 21st birthday had been booked with large chain of restaurants on starting with a W and ending in spoons, at the last min they would nt cater for us as one of the 20 people celebrating my son's birthday was 17, even though that person was having a meal and drinking soft drinks they would not cater for us. We contacted the Talbot and with only 20 mins notice catered for the 20 of us, we had lovely food and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and nice, they saved my son's 21st birthday for him and all of us. Can not thank the Talbot staff enough :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here on a Groupon offer . Room 23 was fine . Enormous bed and quiet as it was at the back .Food both at Breakfast and in the bar was excellent as was beer ,So overall a good experience .Only gripe I had was when my wife requested an additional roll with her soup in the bar she was charged an additional 0.85 pence although over our stay we spent over £175.00

Room Tip: Back rooms .Go for room 23 !!!
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Staff were friendly but really badly trained: at breakfast I asked the waitress for marmalade as there was none amongst the preserves on our table, she cheerfully told me where I could get it for myself!! We left after only one night having booked two but could not face another sleepless night, the receptionist enquired if everything had been alright. I replied that the room was very uncomfortable. Her response was "Oh"
When you check in there should be a member of staff to guide you to your room if, as ours was, it is up 31 steps, through 6 doors and around 9 corners and one corridor so narrow you can't hold your bags beside you.
The room was moderately shabby. The wi-fi did not work. The bed was dreadfully uncomfortable. The towels were tired and not large enough.
The sound of drunks bellowing and vomiting lasted through the night until the traffic started.
We quite liked the dining room but with only two other tables taken and placed close to us and no background music (not always needed in restaurants) private conversation was impossible.
Parts of the Hotel smelt musty - must have been damp.
There was a nice, welcoming log fire in the lounge but at the adjacent bar I had to wait 5 minutes for a staff member to appear (outside having a fag?) and the selection of malt whiskys was pathetic. Well, you get the picture. Quite the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It is doomed.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
3  Thank Brendan B
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We visited the hotel for lunch in the bar to earn some points on my Best Western card. The staff were friendly and efficient and there were quite a few locals in the bar. I had a wild boar and chorizo burger which I enjoyed. My wife had the steak and ale pie, but she found it lacking in filling and the pastry was too hard. If you accept that the pie may have been an exception the meal would have been good value for money. The bar looked as if it good do with a bit of refurbishment, but we could not comment on the rest of the hotel, The reception and toilets were pleasant and clean. I can now understand previous comments about the car park which adjoins the bus station and Co-op, although it does help to avoid the one-way system in the town. The town is worth visiting on Fridays (market day) when it is quite vibrant but it seems to be suffering the ills of many historic towns with a few empty shops and run down buildings.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leominster
Travelodge Ludlow Woofferton Hotel
Overton Grange Country Hotel
Fishmore Hall
Fishmore Hall
#1 of 8 in Ludlow

Been to Talbot Hotel? Share your experiences!