All reviewsold buildingolde worldeevening mealold coaching inncentral locationwould stay againold fashionedhigh streetantique shopssunday lunchtown centrebreakfast was excellentyogurtcharacterperiodsweetsbeams
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We stayed here over the bank holiday weekend, we had booked in to another hotel which was awful! This hotel not only managed to accommodate us, but made us feel so welcome and made a stressful weekend relaxing, the young lady in reception is a credit to the hotel, the food, staff and service were wonderful and our room was lovely, would stay here again anytime!

Room Tip: Separate room/suites, good if you have a young family.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I've been here quite a few times in the last month, it's nice to see a smiling face in the bar for a change, very polite young man.
Had a lovely meal, cooked to perfection, although the chef looked stressed and tired.
It is a fantastic building but could do with some tlc.
This hotel has great potential but not sure this will ever be met.
Many thanks to the staff for looking after me even though there doesn't seem to be enough of you.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Oh, we loved this! Driving past, we thought it was a Best Western (and it was, once) the logo and signage is sufficiently similar to catch the eye. The place doesn't look much from the outside (a bit run down, in fact) but once inside, everything changes. The staff are so welcoming and eager to please. Room prices are competitive and we were very pleased to have a large room with original 15th century oak beams on the 1st floor. Restaurant menu for evening meals is well within anyone's budget - a generous serving of scampi and chips £5.95. Wines are honestly priced. The location is pretty much in the centre of Leominster and the hotel has a free car park. Breakfast was one of the best you could expect - perfectly cooked full fry-up and great coffee.
Keep an eye on this hotel - if it holds to these standards, it has a great future! Would recommend to everyone

Room Tip: Don't pass it by - take a look
Reviewed 16 July 2017

This was an overnight stay, and we were well pleased with our choice. Reserved parking available on site, and what seemed to be the only decent restaurant in town. Drinks and food were reasonably priced and made a nice change from Essex prices! Room was clean and the bed comfortable. Vent extract to bathroom was not working, and apart from having to watch out for the numerous changes in level in corridors etc (to be expected in an old timber framed building) this was our only complaint.

Room Tip: 1st floor probably best as 2nd floor stairs steep and narrow.
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We were not staying at The Talbot but decided to go for an evening meal. The restaurant was a very nice comfortable room. My husband had the chicken curry and rice followed by the ice cream sundae, he thoroughly enjoyed both especially the curry. I however was not so lucky, I ordered the beefburger which looked lovely when it arrived, however as I started eating it I could see the inner part was not cooked, the waiter agreed and took it back to the kitchen, he told me the chef would cook me another one, but I said just cook the one I had started a bit more, not to bother cooking another, this he did, and it came back cooked properly, however so was the lettuce and cheese!! I was not annoyed as I had had the offer of a freshly cooked one which I had turned down, so it was my own fault, and it did make me laugh. I must say the young man and young lady serving in the restaurant were really lovely, the hotel are lucky to have them. We would definately return I just would not have the beefburger again :)