“Very very average meal ...” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 52 Restaurants in Leominster
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Stockton Cross Inn is a 16th century black and white pub in Kimbolton. Here at The Stockton Cross we are passionate about great tasting seasonal 'pub grub' and we aim to source our produce as locally as we can. We are open 11am-11pm every day and serve food from 12 - 8 Tuesday to Saturday and Sunday roasts 12 - 4. We serve local cask ales & local cider and our wines are sourced from Tanners. We also use these Herefordshire made ales and ciders in many of our dishes. We have a large beer garden at the face of the pub and an ample carpark at the rear.
“Very very average meal ...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for an early evening meal, we had eaten there several times before and the food was very good but, I'm afraid it was just average on this occasion I had ribs and chicken breast both obviously straight out of the wholesalers with extremely over cooked chips , my other half had what was supposed to be a rack of lamb but again I suspect it was frozen and reheated , it's a great pity because the food used to be brilliant . On the plus side the real ales are good and they have a good choice of ciders and the bar staff are great , just don't bother eating ......

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Jayne L

Reigate, United Kingdom
“Nice place, good food and drink, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were there on a Tuesday evening and so it was fairly quiet, which was fine.

Quite good variety on the menu and a lot of the dishes came with a good selection of fresh vegetables.

There was a good range of local beers and ciders.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Counting_Boy
Leintwardine, United Kingdom
“Spot of Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I decided to take my parents out for lunch and seeing as the Stockton Cross is virtually on my parents door step, I decided to take them there.
We all ordered the steak, and being a chef myself, I can be very fussy, but we all enjoyed our steaks. If I had to pick fault then I would say that the peppercorn sauce was not overly peppery until you bite into a peppercorn and seeing as we all ordered peppercorn sauce we found that one gravy boat would of been enough for 3 of us. (This is only because all the places I have worked or visited serve the sauce in a small jug almost like a milk jug). Other than this we really enjoyed the meal, and my nephew enjoyed his strawberries and cream.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Dominic E
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Dreadful meal...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We called in for lunch and we were very disappointed with the food. The chips were obviously saved from the evening before and reheated in the oven and the overall presentation was poor.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank clare p
Hilversum, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Passing sunday we left immediarly because of the loud music (fathers day barbeque), but we have had diner last tuesday hand we we were very pleased by the atmosphere, service and the excellent food. Net weekend it will be a beer festival, not for is, we prefer a quiet surroundings but will come back.

Visited June 2014