This place shouldn't be open,we went to Leominster for a family wedding and had the misfortune of staying here,the pictures have no resemblance to the real thing. It was disgusting,I have never seen a hotel quite like it. First of all the card machine wasn't working so had to walk to a cash point which wasn't a problem,was told it was £45 for the night (very cheap we know) to then get back to be told it was £55 which was to be paid up front,we now know why after spending the night. We were told our room was no 7 wasn't shown up just told where to go. The smell as you walk up the stairs was foul. We got to our room and it looked like it had been kicked in which made me quite worried as me and my partner had our two year old son with us. Got in the room and it was dirty the bin in the bathroom hadn't been emptied it was full of rotten food. Unfortunately my room was the best out of a bad bunch my brother and his family had no cold water in their room and it stank the bath also had a hole in it. My dad had someone walk into his room at half one In the morning and had to move rooms. My aunty and uncle had the apartment outside which was noisy and filthy,all you could smell was damp and mould. To top of the horrendous stay they had to break in to our room as the key wouldn't work as they thought someone had got in and locked it from the inside. Thankfully no one was in there when it was broken into but it obviously ment the door wasn't safe (this is obviously why it looked like it had been kicked in as I'm sure this wasn't the first time it had happened) would never normally write on here but me and my family felt it was appropriate. Have never felt the need to check trip advisor reviews before staying somewhere but after this weekend (26th July 2014) I will check every hotel before I book. Even though this place is cheap it really is not worth what you will pay. Please do not stay here especially if you have children it's dirty,smelly and noisy. No one will be there when you hand the keys back either. Couldn't get out of the place any quicker.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak in Leominster, "The Town in the Marches", is located in the heart of the beautiful border countryside, where England and Wales nudge each other back and forth along Offa's Dyke. In October 2011 under our new management a new lease of life has been breathed into the decor, atmosphere and service. This Historic coaching inn is enjoying a new lease of life under new management. We have retained the olde worlde charm, and woven in new services and standards to make the Royal Oak the place to visit. The Royal Oak began life in the 1700's as a coaching inn as a welcome stop on the long journey from London to Wales. It now wears many different 'hats' comfortable hotel, cozy bar and inviting atmosphere, good selection of fresh food available on our lite bites menu, available every day. The atmosphere is even better at weekends with live acts or DJs on, and not forgetting every day is happy hour between 5pm-7pm, 50p off all pints! Click out What's On tab for more infor or join us on Facebook; Royal Oak Leominster. The hotel is a great base for exploring Leominster and the local area. Sunday Carvery £7.95 for 1 course, All you can eat on vegetables available, 2 courses - £8.45, 3 courses - £9.45 Children Under 10 - £3.95. Delicious alternatives for Vegetarians Every Sunday 12.30pm - 3.30pm. Hotel Rooms: We have 11 bedrooms available, offering a mixture of single and doubles and family rooms spread across two floors that can accommodate up to 38 guests. All of our tariffs are on a room only basis. Prices £25 for a single en-suite room (cheaper than a taxi home!), £45 double en-suite room, £45 twin en-suite room, £55 Family room sleeps 3 guests, £65 Family room sleeps 4 guests, £75 Family room sleeps 5 guests, £85 Family room sleeps 6 guests, £100 Family rooms, 2 rooms sleep 4 guests each, share a bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Royal Oak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Leominster
- Royal Oak Leominster
- Royal Oak Hotel Leominster
- The Royal Oak Leominster, Herefordshire