I had booked 2 rooms for 4 of us. We had 2 dogs with us, and arrived after 9pm.
The first thing that hit me as I entered the hotel was the noise!! there was what sounded like a heavy metal band practicing in one room and loud music from a wedding reception coming from the hall next door! Two loud conflicting sounds which was deafening!
Then, before I had a chance to book in I witnessed a couple requesting a refund from one of the staff! This didn't bode well, but there was worse to come.
The rooms were a disgrace! The carpets were rotten, there were water ingress marks on the ceilings, the door leading in to one of our rooms was damaged, and the wood on the inside of the same door showed signs where it had been broken in to! the bedding looked as though it had been washed and put straight back on the bed without seeing an iron, and there was a large dark stain on the front of one of the duvet covers. The sash in the window in one of the rooms was broken and because it was so hot the only way to keep the window up was to try to hold it open with some cushions. The shower head in that bedroom had been tied up with a cable tie which snapped when it was used! There was also a nasty smell about the place, I see now that this was mentioned by someone else..
Then to top it all, after travelling for over 3 hours, we were told that the restaurant wasn't open that night. So no food!
Having said all that, the staff did try their best. The woman in charge (who we felt was embarrassed by the place herself!) suggested that if we got a take away we could use the dining room, and she would clear away after us, so we did! She was very kind , she must have to deal with many complaints!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak in Leominster, "The Town in the Marches", is located in the heart of the beautiful border countryside, where England and Wales nudge each other back and forth along Offa's Dyke. In October 2011 under our new management a new lease of life has been breathed into the decor, atmosphere and service. This Historic coaching inn is enjoying a new lease of life under new management. We have retained the olde worlde charm, and woven in new services and standards to make the Royal Oak the place to visit. The Royal Oak began life in the 1700's as a coaching inn as a welcome stop on the long journey from London to Wales. It now wears many different 'hats' comfortable hotel, cozy bar and inviting atmosphere, good selection of fresh food available on our lite bites menu, available every day. The atmosphere is even better at weekends with live acts or DJs on, and not forgetting every day is happy hour between 5pm-7pm, 50p off all pints! Click out What's On tab for more infor or join us on Facebook; Royal Oak Leominster. The hotel is a great base for exploring Leominster and the local area. Sunday Carvery £7.95 for 1 course, All you can eat on vegetables available, 2 courses - £8.45, 3 courses - £9.45 Children Under 10 - £3.95. Delicious alternatives for Vegetarians Every Sunday 12.30pm - 3.30pm. Hotel Rooms: We have 11 bedrooms available, offering a mixture of single and doubles and family rooms spread across two floors that can accommodate up to 38 guests. All of our tariffs are on a room only basis. Prices £25 for a single en-suite room (cheaper than a taxi home!), £45 double en-suite room, £45 twin en-suite room, £55 Family room sleeps 3 guests, £65 Family room sleeps 4 guests, £75 Family room sleeps 5 guests, £85 Family room sleeps 6 guests, £100 Family rooms, 2 rooms sleep 4 guests each, share a bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your The Royal Oak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Leominster
- Royal Oak Leominster
- Royal Oak Hotel Leominster
- The Royal Oak Leominster, Herefordshire