Well where do you start. We went to see family that we hadn't seen for years. We also had never been to shropshire. When arriving we pulled into a pot holed littered car park with so called members of staff and a child hovering the outside decking. We went into the main bar which didnt seem to bad although in need of a good paint. The man we first spoke to sounded like he was still drunk from the night before! We was early so went for a walk. The town its self is a lovely place. When given the keys to the aniex which is where we stayed with our children it was a whole different story. The SMELL of damp, smoke and god knows what else just hit you! We had a look around only to find the so called finished clean place was undescrible there was ciggertte butts under the sofa dried food on the cushion a tv that didn't work walls with all sorts on them and to top it all off blood on the toilet seat. We called them back in they said they would re-clean the whole place we got a free drink at the bar and the manger was really sorry. We went back later only to find that it was still a state and the smell!!!! How this place is still open is beyond me. They have no care for people that are staying there only in the drunk drug taking people that they allow in there. Luckly for us we didn't have to spend any time there. THE PICTURE THEY HAVE ON THERE WEBSITE ARE FAKE IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THAT. SO PLEASE PEOPLE DON'T STAY THERE!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Oak in Leominster, "The Town in the Marches", is located in the heart of the beautiful border countryside, where England and Wales nudge each other back and forth along Offa's Dyke. In October 2011 under our new management a new lease of life has been breathed into the decor, atmosphere and service. This Historic coaching inn is enjoying a new lease of life under new management. We have retained the olde worlde charm, and woven in new services and standards to make the Royal Oak the place to visit. The Royal Oak began life in the 1700's as a coaching inn as a welcome stop on the long journey from London to Wales. It now wears many different 'hats' comfortable hotel, cozy bar and inviting atmosphere, good selection of fresh food available on our lite bites menu, available every day. The atmosphere is even better at weekends with live acts or DJs on, and not forgetting every day is happy hour between 5pm-7pm, 50p off all pints! Click out What's On tab for more infor or join us on Facebook; Royal Oak Leominster. The hotel is a great base for exploring Leominster and the local area. Sunday Carvery £7.95 for 1 course, All you can eat on vegetables available, 2 courses - £8.45, 3 courses - £9.45 Children Under 10 - £3.95. Delicious alternatives for Vegetarians Every Sunday 12.30pm - 3.30pm. Hotel Rooms: We have 11 bedrooms available, offering a mixture of single and doubles and family rooms spread across two floors that can accommodate up to 38 guests. All of our tariffs are on a room only basis. Prices £25 for a single en-suite room (cheaper than a taxi home!), £45 double en-suite room, £45 twin en-suite room, £55 Family room sleeps 3 guests, £65 Family room sleeps 4 guests, £75 Family room sleeps 5 guests, £85 Family room sleeps 6 guests, £100 Family rooms, 2 rooms sleep 4 guests each, share a bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Royal Oak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Leominster
- Royal Oak Leominster
- Royal Oak Hotel Leominster
- The Royal Oak Leominster, Herefordshire