“Fish and Chips par excellence!”

Dimarcos Fish Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 55 Restaurants in Leominster
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The quality of the fish and chips here is superlative. The fish is beautifully tender and white, separating from the deliciously crispy, but not over hard batter.

The chips are cooked through and have a nice crisp coating, but are soft and creamy inside. The meal is hot, and perfectly presented. The staff work so hard to keep the food coming at it's best every time. If there is a better F and C venue in the UK I have yet to find it, and I've travelled length and breadth.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I'm writing this review as someone who lives in the North and has possibly been spoiled with the high quality of fish and chips available up here. I went to Dimarcos for fish and chips having heard that they were good. I presume it's a Leominster thing to put mushy peas unbidden onto the top of the fish and chips, rendering everything a soggy mass when you unwrap it (we have pots up here).

The chips were virtually pulp by the time I'd walked 5 minutes to my parents house, the fish batter was inedible as it was tough and rubbery, and the fish looked like it had been frozen to within an inch of it's life and had no texture left. The whole thing was tasteless.

It's unusual for me to leave any fish and chips, but I made an exception on this occasion.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We recently stopped here after a week away, on our way home, and it was the best meal we had by far.

We actually used the restaurant as we'd been on the road for a few hours. The staff were friendly and polite and nothing was too much trouble. The food was fantastic and some of the best fish and chips I've ever tasted and great mushy peas also. The shop was quite busy given it was a Friday lunchtime and approaching 2pm but we didn't have to wait long for our order to be taken or indeed our food to arrive. My only criticism was that there was not enough butter on my bread, but maybe that's a personal preference.

Highly recommended.