“Family get together”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Last weekend we visited the Three Horseshoes for the first time to celebrate a family birthday. The pub has recently been decorated and looks very clean and inviting from the outside with beautiful hanging baskets adding the final touch to the fresh paint. Inside is no disappointment as the owner has taken a lot of trouble to redecorate and refurnish offering warmth and character to this establishment. The welcome and service from the staff was excellent and the atmosphere relaxed. We were delighted with the freshly prepared starters, between our party we enjoyed succulent tiger prawns and the delicious creamy garlic mushrooms served on toasted bread whilst the younger members of our party devoured the tasty nachos!
The Sunday Roasts were very generous with huge homemade yorkshire puds, I had roast pork and it was by far the best I'd ever tasted, others had lamb, beef and fish and chips and we were all delighted with our choices. Frankly I can't wait to return...

1  Thank SkyeB05

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Having visited this lovely pub for a second time,could not believe how much the decor has changed since the new landlord took over.The outside has been refurbished and looks great with the new sign and lighted trees.However was the inside as good and what was the food going to be like ! Well i can say the pub inside has new refurbished tables,new curtains and great selection of beers to suit all.The lunch was plentiful with the mushroom bruscheta starter a must !
Great staff who were very attentive to our every need and the sort of pub that in the winter will feel like your own front room with the real fire at one end of the room.
Also a great venue for weddings etc with a function room out the back with a nice cosy garden and ample parking.Trust me dont pass this jewel in the village without paying a visit soon.

1  Thank derrick_franklin
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We went for a family Sunday lunch. The food was great, fresh and very tasty. Service was quick and attentive. Will definitely be paying another visit

1  Thank Dusty49123
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Visited a few weeks ago as pat of a large group. We had pre ordered main courses as requested by the restaurant which I have no problem with but when we arrived and asked for starters we were told sorry but our main courses were already cooking! Things picked up however for the main course and I had one of the nicest steaks I have ever had eating out. Credit due for the way it was cooked as well. Perfect. Dessert however was a let down. A lot of us ordered sticky toffee pudding and it was one of the worst I have ever had. All of the puddings were luke warm at best and can better be described as just pudding. I can only assume there was a shortage of toffee in the kitchen that day. So, ups and downs hence the title. Not one to avoid by any means but i have been to a lot better.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have driven past the Three Horseshoes a few times en route to visiting friends and have noticed that the outside has been looking fantastic since its make-over. We have been dying to stop and try out the inside and managed to do this last Thursday, and I must say that the inside decor lives up to the promise of the newly painted outside. The new owner has completely re-painted the interior and also added some lovely finishing touches and local prints and photos. We ate whilst there and were amazed to find 5 vegetarian options on the menu - usually in pubs out of London you are hard-pressed to find one. I had the veggie sausage and mash which was fab. My husband tried the special of Tempura vegetables, which he decided was so good he had finished it all before I could ask to try some! The portions are generous, and, whilst we had to wait 15 minutes or so for the food, I think it is better to wait for something freshly prepared and cooked rather than to get something quickly but straight from the microwave. We also tried the posh mushrooms on toast between us as a starter, which we both felt was worth the trip alone. The ale choice was very good. We shall certainly return and will recommend our friends to visit too.

1  Thank MandWK