Mercure Letchworth Hall
The Broadway Hotel(Letchworth)
US$100
Premier Inn Letchworth Garden City Hotel(Letchworth)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Garden Lodge Hotel(Letchworth)
TripAdvisor
1,411 results
All reviewsgroupon dealafternoon teahealth centrebottle of proseccoon arrivalhealth clubsuperior roomsandwichesleisure facilitiescourse meallovely hotelsauna and steam roomnice groundswedding receptiongolf coursepleasant stayan overnight stay
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We have, over the last year, bought travelzoo vouchers for the restaurant, Lyttons. Our first experience, over a year ago, was fantastic- great food, great service. However, since then we have been back twice, with our recent visit being the worst.
Positives: lovely restaurant, the steak.
Negatives: in a half full restaurant, they ran out of brown rolls, and a starter option so had to re-order our choices. I could normally cope with this but the serving staff's attitude was very much "oh well...". One guest in our group had the special as a main and it was dry and over cooked. The worst course was the pudding- mass produced synthetic rubbish. Truly awful! The summer fruit pudding still had ice on the top!!

In summary- could be great (and was a year ago!), but inexperienced staff, poor food, and attention to detail lacking. We won't be returning!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank lcc141
TonyMurdock, General Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for your review regarding your recent visit to Letchworth Hall. Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for any shortcomings in the service provided and the quality of food served. We pride ourselves in both the food and service we provide and am very disappointed that we appear to have let ourselves down on this occasion. You have mentioned some key points which I have addressed seriously with the relevant department heads to ensure there is no such repeat of this isolated incident.
I am pleased to note that you positively mention the restaurant itself and also the steak, thank-you. I do very much hope you will change your mind on returning at that we can get the opportunity to welcome you back to prove this was an unfortunate isolated incident.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Went here for a drink to discuss a future occasion . Lovely location super gardens.
Drinks a bit expensive in the bar, but worth it for the location .

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for your positive comments. It is nice to hear that you thought our location and grounds were excellent and we look forward to welcoming you to Letchworth Hall for your special occasion.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Beautiful location, lovely countryside and handily very near to m1 to get in and out of area even though you would not know! Beautiful interior of the stately home maintained with attention to detail. Lytton restaurant is superb in decoration and the food is very good (and not super expensive). Breakfast is tasty and have a lot to choose from, staff is very helpful and always there for you. The rooms were lovely and spacious and probably the most comfortable we have ever stayed in and that's saying something. Super quiet as well! Great nights sleep!

Room Tip: Ask for room in old building
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for your very positive review. It is a pleasure to read such pleasant comments which we can pass on to our team hear at Letchworth Hall. Thank-you once again, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the very near future for another great experience.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Had an overnight stay with Dinner and can definitely recommend. Upon arrival we had afternoon tea whilst we waited for our room to be ready. Afternoon tea was very nice, fresh sandwiches, (including making to order ham without mustard), tasty pastries and lovely warn scones, served with a generous portion of clotted cream and jam. Room was small but well laid out and clean, tea, coffee, hairdryer, iron, ironing board,, plenty of toiletries, lovely large towels. I forgot my toothbrush, they had a supply of disposable ones with toothpaste available free on reception.
We used the pool facilities which were very nice, no jacuzzi though. Dinner was exceptional, very very good food and excellent service.
After dinner breakfast the next morning was a little disappointing. We arrived at 8.40am and the buffet looked like it had been lying around for a little while.......................my husband had the buffet and said it was not great. I chose to order from breakfast menu, smoked haddock and poached egg. Fish was very nice but the eggs were overcooked. I saw others have poached eggs and it seems that hard yolks is the standard way of serving them. Think it may be an idea if poached eggs are ordered that the waiting staff ask how they should be cooked.
Despite a disappointing breakfast we had a lovely time and would go back. We found the hotel to be clean and all the staff in all areas that we encountered were polite, professional and friendly. A great team.

Room Tip: We had room 17 which I would avoid as it was right by fire door and very noisy anytime anybody walked through the corridor and used the door.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for your positive review. I am pleased to read you thought my team are very friendly and polite and a great team, thank-you. Overall, I am delighted you enjoyed your full stay, albeit you have mentioned some key points with breakfast, which will be addressed with the relevant department heads to ensure we move forward and improve as necessary. Such feedback is a valuable way for us to monitor and improve our operation as necessary. Thank-you once again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

I would just like to say afternoon tea was perfect. I worked at Letchworth Hall Hotel for 11 years and left 2 years ago, so it was really nice to return. It was a very special occasion for my mum and myself as it was my Dad's anniversary of him passing away and we thought it would be a nice idea to raise a glass of bubbly in his memory. The staff were extremely friendly and very polite (although I didn't know any of them). The actual afternoon tea was superb, the sandwiches were fresh, the scones were huge and warm and the little cakes were divine. Again I would like to say thank you for making our afternoon very special.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank joanneorchard55
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank-you for your positive review on our Afternoon Tea. I am delighted to read you enjoyed yourself so much on your return to Letchworth Hall. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.