“Lovely break” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Letchworth
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights recently whilst my husband attended a training course nearby. Plenty of parking (hate getting to hotels after a long drive only to be stuck for somewhere to park), reception staff very friendly and capable. Our room, though quite small and very warm, overlooked the golf course and gardens and was spotlessly clean. Nice size bathroom however with toiletries provided. Bed comfortable but pillows not so much. All the staff encountered are very friendly and all seem genuinely happy with their jobs. Bar food expensive (15.00 for burger & chips) but very tasty and also drinks expensive (glass wine 8.00) but it didn't stop us drinking!! I had to spend one of the days alone as my husband was away, so I sat in the bar area reading and was looked after by a gentleman I think was named Raff who made sure I was fed and watered on a regular basis!
We had a meal in the restaurant which was beautifully served and delicious though I found my dessert (sundae) rather disappointing and plain considering the price charged. Again staff in there lovely especially the Maitre'D (sorry I don't remember her name).
Lots of variety for breakfast from cereals and fruit to full English and plentiful cups of coffee and tea served by the waiters.
You can also make use of the leisure facilities but I cannot comment on them as we didn't use them.
On the whole had a lovely weekend and would definitely stay here again if we are ever in the area again.

Room Tip: Our room was in the Arlington Suite area (79) an had an opening window (some don't open apparent...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MercLetch, Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit to Letchworth Hall Hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your time with us. I will also pass on your lovely comments to the team, they will be delighted to read them.

Once again thank you for your feedback and myself and the team are looking forward to welcoming you back to Letchworth Hall in the very near future.

Lisa

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We went on an offer package and overall the Hotel has many plus points - location, grounds, the rooms and the common areas. A few small areas could do with a bit of decoration, but there's nothing particularly detrimental. The bar and common areas have comfortable furnishings, the food was very good (lunchtime,evening & breakfast), although the bacon was a bit dry if you want to be pedantic. I also thought that the tariff was rather expensive - even for a 4 star hotel. I ask you - £5.95 for a 500ml bottle of London Pride? That's £6.76 a pint! I also spent a 25 minute wait at the bar in the evening because there was only one barman, no waiting staff and an understocked bar. When I finally got my brandies, there were no brandy balloons, which I think is unacceptable for a 4* hotel, and my coffee was cold.this is where more attention wis needed, there were loads of staff mooching about doing little.
All up, a good stay but PLEASE!! - sort the bar out!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting such a candid review following your recent visit to Letchworth Hall Hotel.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the levels of service that you recieved in the bar. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused and have already spoken with my Food & Beverage Manager and he has implemented new procedures to ensure that similar situations do not re-occur.

I have also taken your comments regarding our bar prices on board, we have done a recent survey of similar hotels in the area and find that we are priced fairly within the market.

Once again we appreciate your feedback and I do hope that myself and the team have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Letchworth Hall in the very near future.

Manchester, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Overall a pleasant hotel let down by some lack of attention to detail in the bedrooms. Nice location away from main roads etc. although why staff have to empty glass bottles into a waste bin outside your room at 7.00am baffles me - surely it can wait. The public areas of the hotel are pleasant but my room (#3) showed signs of not being maintained properly. A slightly damp smell was confirmed when I looked at the ceiling and saw unrepaired water damage. In the bathroom part of the shower mixer fittings were missing as was some the tiling around the bath. Nothing to ruin the stay but maybe an indication of other issues elsewhere (I only stayed one night).

All the staff were pleasant and helpful and dinner and breakfast in the restaurant were fine. I would return although would look for some of the more modern rooms in future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your candid comments regarding your recent visit to Letchworth Hall Hotel.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your dining experience.

I take the comments with regards to the maintenance issues of the bedrooms on board and please be assured that I will be speaking with the team and putting a plan of action together in order to rectify this.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back very soon.

Kidn Regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our 12th wedding anniversary on 4th May and we had a fantastic time . The hotel was very nice , the room was large , modern and spotless and the food was excellent. Service throughout the hotel is first class. We will definitely be returning

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_LetchworthHall, General Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your glowing review following your visit to Letchworth Hall

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and had a wonderful break. Your comments will certainly be shared with the team and I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Jose Gomez
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Myself and my fiancé wanted to get away for the night without travelling too far and this popped up as a deal on hotel trivago. The hotel totally exceeded expectations, very clean and cosy. Nice spacious rooms, fairly modern, bottles of water, flapjacks and tea and coffee making facilities, with good sized tv. Nice fitness facilities, we used pool, spa and sauna. We didn't visit local pubs but two not far away. Lovely restaurant, especially the haddock, egg and rice for main. Very attentive and friendly staff. Great value and perfect little night away. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MercLetch, Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay at Letchworth Hall Hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I will be passing your lovely comments onto the team.

I do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Letchworth Hall in the near future and if you still havent decided on a venue for the wedding perhaps we can help you there also.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have just come back from a one night stay at Letchworth Hall on a Groupon voucher. It was an excellent stay, very good value and the evening meal was in a lovely setting and the food was of an excellent quality. The most important thing was the atmosphere of the hotel. It had a very special relaxed quality about it mainly due to the staff, despite having 63 rooms you felt like you were being looked after in a small exclusive hotel. All the staff were very friendly and attentive and the waiters and waitresses in the restaurant were superb. I would thoroughly recommend a visit.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MercLetch, Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review following your recent visit to Letchworth Hall Hotel.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Letchworth Hall in the very near future.

Hertford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Gonna be honest..arrived 230pm ish, reception staff very nice, rooms not ready, about a 10min wait only..lovely rooms (2) - clean, LARGE bed, lovely view out to the rear of the hotel..we expected proseco to be in the room as part of our deal - it wasnt (but WAS in the other room) - called reception, no reply, left a message as requested and heard no more. Didnt queery again, shame. Fire alarm went off, started to leave, then it stopped, so we returned to our room. On seeing a maid I mentioned the alarm, was all ok... ? i asked...she looked at me, said "sorry" and legged it..! Funny....We walked a short distance (10mins) to local pub for a couple of pints (not the one nearest the Hotel.!)... Returned, showered and went down to dinner. VERY nice meal - restaurant staff excellent. Food superb....then slept well..very quiet..just the noise in the morning of the birds and the odd THWACK of a golf ball on the nearish hole at the rear...down for breakfast - staff again excellent, never stopped supplying tea and coffee, didnt have to ask for more once..usual sweets/cereals, toast jam etc..alongside a vast cooked breakfast. If youre fussy you might find some of the bits a bit cold, some bits dont sit well in a buffett - we`re not that fussed and the food was lovely..susages, bacon, scramble egg, fried egg, black pud, hash brown, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans. Checked out paid bill which was spot on..all in all a good 8 out of 10 and would go again.

1 Thank Salenalfcra2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent visit to Letchworth Hall Hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, although saddened to hear that you did not recieve your bottle of Prosecco. I am sure that had you made the restaurant staff aware that you had not recieved it then they would have being happy to give it to you at dinner.

Once again thank you for your kind review and I do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon.

Deputy General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letchworth
Needham House Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,656 reviews
De Vere Hunton Park
De Vere Hunton Park
#1 of 1 in Hunton Bridge

Been to Mercure Letchworth Hall? Share your experiences!