“Great stay in a peaceful location. Friendly staff.”

Mercure Letchworth Hall
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Letchworth
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here having purchased a deal through Amazon Local. Everything was really nice: the staff were helpful and friendly, the rooms were spotless and comfortable and the bottle of chilled prosecco that was awaiting us upon our arrival was very nice too! The deal included dinner which was delicious, although I think I may have considered it a bit expensive had I been paying full price for it. Our waitress (sorry didn't get her name) was lovely and chatty and really made us feel welcome. Breakfast was really good too, serve in the grand hall. The main downer I would say is that we thought there was going to be full spa facilities (totally our misunderstanding). It's actually a leisure centre next door that guests can use. That's great for full on exercising, but not so much for relaxing. A very small negative for us personally though. Would definitely stay here again if we found another similar deal. Especially as we only live an hour away.

• Stayed: May 2014
MercLetch, Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit to Letchworth Hall.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Letchworth Hall

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed on an offer package finding it excellent value for money. Would have felt less favourable if we'd paid the supposed 'full price'as the rooms whilst nice, clean and roomy are bog standard hotel chain, nothing special, think good, newish Premier Inn.

Overall the hotel was very good, a bit tired in places but the grounds were lovely and well maintained. Menu is a bit unimaginative, aimed at a market 'of a certain age' with roasts, salmon roulade, black forest cheesecake, sundae etc but perfectly nice, no complaints. Service was generally good, a good head waiter/maitre d' person but when he wasn't visible the rest of the staff seemed to slack off a bit and it took a long while to get our bill (which was wrong) and we eventually had to get up and find someone to pay.

One suggestion,perhaps let the 'offer' customers know what is included as it's not detailed on the vouchers. I had to ask the receptionist for info about any restrictions on menu choices and whether any drinks were included, he didn't volunteer anything. When I checked-out there was another customer querying his bill, he'd misunderstood part of the offer. Overall a good couple of days.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay here at Letchworth Hall Hotel.

I appreciate your constructive feedback and I will be brining your comments to the attention of our heads of departments in order to improve on our service.

Once again thank you for your review and I do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Letchworth Hall in the very near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights recently whilst my husband attended a training course nearby. Plenty of parking (hate getting to hotels after a long drive only to be stuck for somewhere to park), reception staff very friendly and capable. Our room, though quite small and very warm, overlooked the golf course and gardens and was spotlessly clean. Nice size bathroom however with toiletries provided. Bed comfortable but pillows not so much. All the staff encountered are very friendly and all seem genuinely happy with their jobs. Bar food expensive (15.00 for burger & chips) but very tasty and also drinks expensive (glass wine 8.00) but it didn't stop us drinking!! I had to spend one of the days alone as my husband was away, so I sat in the bar area reading and was looked after by a gentleman I think was named Raff who made sure I was fed and watered on a regular basis!
We had a meal in the restaurant which was beautifully served and delicious though I found my dessert (sundae) rather disappointing and plain considering the price charged. Again staff in there lovely especially the Maitre'D (sorry I don't remember her name).
Lots of variety for breakfast from cereals and fruit to full English and plentiful cups of coffee and tea served by the waiters.
You can also make use of the leisure facilities but I cannot comment on them as we didn't use them.
On the whole had a lovely weekend and would definitely stay here again if we are ever in the area again.

Room Tip: Our room was in the Arlington Suite area (79) an had an opening window (some don't open apparent...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
MercLetch, Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit to Letchworth Hall Hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your time with us. I will also pass on your lovely comments to the team, they will be delighted to read them.

Once again thank you for your feedback and myself and the team are looking forward to welcoming you back to Letchworth Hall in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We went on an offer package and overall the Hotel has many plus points - location, grounds, the rooms and the common areas. A few small areas could do with a bit of decoration, but there's nothing particularly detrimental. The bar and common areas have comfortable furnishings, the food was very good (lunchtime,evening & breakfast), although the bacon was a bit dry if you want to be pedantic. I also thought that the tariff was rather expensive - even for a 4 star hotel. I ask you - £5.95 for a 500ml bottle of London Pride? That's £6.76 a pint! I also spent a 25 minute wait at the bar in the evening because there was only one barman, no waiting staff and an understocked bar. When I finally got my brandies, there were no brandy balloons, which I think is unacceptable for a 4* hotel, and my coffee was cold.this is where more attention wis needed, there were loads of staff mooching about doing little.
All up, a good stay but PLEASE!! - sort the bar out!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting such a candid review following your recent visit to Letchworth Hall Hotel.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the levels of service that you recieved in the bar. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused and have already spoken with my Food & Beverage Manager and he has implemented new procedures to ensure that similar situations do not re-occur.

I have also taken your comments regarding our bar prices on board, we have done a recent survey of similar hotels in the area and find that we are priced fairly within the market.

Once again we appreciate your feedback and I do hope that myself and the team have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Letchworth Hall in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Overall a pleasant hotel let down by some lack of attention to detail in the bedrooms. Nice location away from main roads etc. although why staff have to empty glass bottles into a waste bin outside your room at 7.00am baffles me - surely it can wait. The public areas of the hotel are pleasant but my room (#3) showed signs of not being maintained properly. A slightly damp smell was confirmed when I looked at the ceiling and saw unrepaired water damage. In the bathroom part of the shower mixer fittings were missing as was some the tiling around the bath. Nothing to ruin the stay but maybe an indication of other issues elsewhere (I only stayed one night).

All the staff were pleasant and helpful and dinner and breakfast in the restaurant were fine. I would return although would look for some of the more modern rooms in future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your candid comments regarding your recent visit to Letchworth Hall Hotel.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your dining experience.

I take the comments with regards to the maintenance issues of the bedrooms on board and please be assured that I will be speaking with the team and putting a plan of action together in order to rectify this.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back very soon.

Kidn Regards

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for our 12th wedding anniversary on 4th May and we had a fantastic time . The hotel was very nice , the room was large , modern and spotless and the food was excellent. Service throughout the hotel is first class. We will definitely be returning

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_LetchworthHall, General Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your glowing review following your visit to Letchworth Hall

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and had a wonderful break. Your comments will certainly be shared with the team and I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Jose Gomez

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Myself and my fiancé wanted to get away for the night without travelling too far and this popped up as a deal on hotel trivago. The hotel totally exceeded expectations, very clean and cosy. Nice spacious rooms, fairly modern, bottles of water, flapjacks and tea and coffee making facilities, with good sized tv. Nice fitness facilities, we used pool, spa and sauna. We didn't visit local pubs but two not far away. Lovely restaurant, especially the haddock, egg and rice for main. Very attentive and friendly staff. Great value and perfect little night away. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014
MercLetch, Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay at Letchworth Hall Hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I will be passing your lovely comments onto the team.

I do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Letchworth Hall in the near future and if you still havent decided on a venue for the wedding perhaps we can help you there also.

Deputy General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Letchworth
Needham House Hotel
Sopwell House
#3 of 10 in St Albans
The Farmhouse at Redcoats
Pendley Manor Hotel

Been to Mercure Letchworth Hall? Share your experiences!