“Lovely hotel with connecting leisure centre”

Mercure Letchworth Hall
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Letchworth
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel with connecting leisure centre”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here on an internet deal. Very good value. Room was good with lovely bathroom. The food and service were first class. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Lovely golf course next door where we played before we settled into our room. We used the leisure centre extensively, which was a real bonus. Would certainly return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
MercLetch, Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post such an lovely review following your recent stay here at Letchworth Hall Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and myself and the team are very much loooking forward to welcoming you back to Letchworth Hall in the very near future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The setting for afternoon tea was quite pleasant and the sandwiches and cake were good , but unfortunately the service let it down. At £16.95 a head you do expect someone nearby to help you. When we wanted refills of tea there was not a waitress in sight. We waited 10 mins when I thought I'd best get up and have a look! There was no one around. Another few minutes later we managed to order our second pot only for it to be undrinkable. It was so weak it seemed that the waitress had used the same tea bag and just poured hot water on it. When another waitress changed it for us she couldn't believe just how weak it was!
All in all I probably wouldn't return. This was our second choice as our favourite afternoon tea venue was closed for the weekend.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank leeloulou63
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a candid review following your recent visit to Letchworth Hall Hoetl.

I would like to apologise for the service that you recieved during your afternoon tea. I have shown your review to my Food & Beverage Manager. Please be assured that he is shocked at the level of service that his team provided and he is currently conducting refresher training to ensure that situations similar to this do not re-occur.

Once again thank you for your feedback, we like to hear all comments good or bad as this helps us to grow and improve on the service that we provide.

Should you wish to return to the hotel please do not heistate in contacting me directly and I will be delighted to make the necessary arrnagements for you.

Whitstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Lovely room, fantastic breakfast and a very relaxing venue. We got a super deal (Amazon local) - dinner b&b for £89 - an absolute steal. Some of the common areas are a little tired but we would happily go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuzanneOB
GM_LetchworthHall, General Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your stay at Letchworth Hall Hotel.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that we are able to have the pleasure in welcoming you back very soon.

Hertfordshire
Reviewed 1 June 2014

On one of the most important days of my life-they let me down.
I booked a honeymoon suite and asked when I could get there to get ready. They advised 8am - perfect I thought.
I booked it all months before and rang to confirm all details two days before.
On arrival with my bridesmaids, mum, hairdresser, etc there was no room for us and nothing to show we had booked to get ready there. The attitude of the manager was disgusting, no apology and made out like I hadn't booked it.
After a lot of hassle we were put in a Single room - 5 of us !!!
The amount of effort we had to make to get anything. Nothing was offered to help the situation, my bridesmaids had to ask for everything.
It was disgusting that I had that kind of service on my Wedding Day.
One of the staff there Marcus, however, was keen to help, when his manager wasn't looking over his shoulder.
It was only after my dad rang head office that the manager realised how rubbish she had been and tried to suck up......far too late !
After the event I contacted head office, who wouldn't believe that I had booked it for 8am and said he had checked the phone calls and that wasn't said. Well, he obviously didn't check, because I 100% know that I did. He then failed to offer me anything to lighten the situation, not even a dinner or free night. Absolutely terrible and believe me, everyone has now been told of how unreliable they are.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HonestReviewer26
MercLetch, Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Letchworth Hall Hotel.

As you have indicated you have spoken with the management team regarding your complaint so I will not go into detail on this forum.

However I will say that to date we still have no information regarding your early arrival to the hotel, only that you would be staying that night, therefore, as you know we do feel that the supply of any room that early in the morning complimentary was in itself a gesture of goodwill. Also, the team on duty the morning of your wedding ensured that you recieved further goodwill gestures for the precieved inconvenience - complimentary breakfast, champagne and the bridal suite that evening. If these gestures were not to your satisfaction then please accept my further apologies.

Feedback is very important to us , we like to hear what our guests think about the hotel, good and bad. As a consequence of your review the hotel will now be putting further measures in place to ensure that all future guests are fully aware of the check in times and should they want to check in any earlier they will have this confirmed in writing.

Once again thank you for review. All of the staff at Letchworth Hall wish you and your husband a long and happy life together.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My wide and I booked this hotel via an Internet deal and spent two lovely nights there. The hotel and it's surroundings were excellent, the staff were all attentive and could not help us more. The connecting leisure centre was a bonus with facilities being used on both days. We ate in the restaurant on both evenings and the quality was excellent, with the seafood nage a real treat. We would return for sure.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martin_Bolton39

Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is set in lovely gardens, with a beautiful terrace at the back. Our room was well equipped and comfortable, unfortunately the windows were screwed shut, so we could not get any fresh air!! The hotel did not have any information about any attractions in the area and even the map of Letchworth in the room which had 30 numbers on it had no key explain what they referred to. Restaurant was very good and the breakfast had a great selection to choose from. We came on a deal, so it was really good value, paying £139 for two nights bed and breakfast with dinner on the first night included

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
MercLetch, Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your departure from Letchworth Hall recently.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with, although slightly confused that you were unable to find all the local information that is at the side entrance to the hotel at the back of the Great Hall. I apologise if the team did not communicate this to you properly and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Once again thank you for your review and I do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Letchworth Hall in the very near future.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for just one night and it was a lovely hotel. Great easy to get to location and a fab fitness centre and pool attached which is free for guests. The room was spacious and clean and the breakfast was very good with a great range and a newspaper. When we were shown our room we didn't have the requested extra bed for our 10 year old son, so - at 9.30pm - Kevin on reception (who was brilliant and very helpful) arranged for us to be moved and also helped in getting us some food through room service (who weren't answering their phone). All the staff were amazing and nothing was too much trouble. They are definitely an asset to the hotel. We will stay again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: Ours was overlooking the car park at the front of the hotel and was quiet. The rooms to the rear we...