“Little gem”
Review of Broadway Cinema

Broadway Cinema
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Letchworth
More attraction details
Owner description: Independent cinema and theatre in restored Art Deco building from 1936, with 4 screens showing 2D and 3D films.
Hitchin, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Little gem”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

It's art deco, the seats are very comfy and its way better priced then the big branded cinemas in Stevenage etc. I also think their popcorn is way better too. sound and visual wise again all good and a great evening out.

Visited November 2013

Letchworth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Age thing”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Disappointed that my teenage son and his four friends from Hitchin went to see 24 jump street and got turned away as they needed ID, they are nearly 17 years old and the film is a 15.common sense wouldn't go a miss here.

Visited June 2014
Croydon, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Give My Regards to Broadway”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I wanted to see "Godzilla" with a woman I met, recently, and her daughter. Neither of them had ever seen a Godzilla movie, before. Not being very familiar with Letchworth, I asked if any of the big cinema chains were nearby. After being told the nearest chain cinema was Cineworld, Stevenage, it's a good thing I asked the follow-up question, "so there are no cinemas in Letchworth?" "Just the Broadway," was the answer I got. A quick check on the internet revealed they had "Godzilla" and the ticket prices were almost as good as my Showcase Insider discount, without the limitation as to days of the week. All around, a good experience, as good as any of the big chains provide, but at a lower price. Who can argue with that? I expect to be visiting Letchworth more often, now that I know someone there. I will return to the Broadway as I love movies and can't resist a bargain.

Visited May 2014
Bedford
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Our cinema of choice”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We love it here. The parking opposite, the ticket prices, the more reasonably priced snacks, the friendliness of staff, the mature sensible audience and the comfort of the seats makes is return each time. I just wish you'd shown Dallas Buyers Club when it was first released as annoyingly I had to go to an unfavourable venue down the road as I was told you weren't screening it. Oh well. See you soon. :-)

Visited March 2014
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Don't bring your own drinks, snacks or bags”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Was camping locally and was raining so decided to take kids to watch X Men. Never been here before and had no internet access which would of made no difference even of I had.
The cinema is very clean and Art Deco and looks great. The policy they have however is to fleece the public of their cash with overpriced food. Let's begin with that. Went in with family having bought a couple of bottles of drink and one bag of sweets elsewhere like every other cinema I go to. Paid for tickets £26 for a family pass. (No cheaper than my local odeon) Went to go through. Stopped by attendant. "You can't bring that in. It's policy"
It is obviously a problem as they have ready made laminated bag tags for bags they take off you. By way, popcorn and drink each is about £22 for a family. Making near on fifty quid to watch a film.
I told her there weren't any signs saying so. She told me they were everywhere. I must admit there was ONE, in size A4 format hidden behind a seven food advert for something else. (This was moved by the time I came back out). "And it's on the internet". Bill Gates would have trouble finding that on their website, I still can't find it.
Film finishes and approached by Jason Valentine the GM. Told him what my problem was and was basically fobbed off with""it's policy, it's on the internet. "Where?" I asked. JV replied "I don't know". Anyone can claim anything is on the internet. I suspect it's not on there or it's hidden away. No where near where you pay for tickets. (I checked later) Oh and they don't take note of what is in the bag. Tell them there was fifty quid in it when you left it with them and you're calling the police. Watch them squirm because according to JV, they take no responsibility for the contents once they take it off you. So if they lose anything, it's your fault for leaving it in there. More or less what he said.
One weird thing. Sat in the cinema which was about 98.9% empty and the two local guys who I can only imagine work at Game Workshop and play Warhammer all day, insisted on us getting up and sitting at the opposite end of row.
The cinema itself, comfortable seating good sound and picture quality excellent. However the food policy is something to be desired.
If you want to watch a film and eat overpriced expensive food which has a bigger mark up the an Apple product by all means take a big fat wallet/purse and enjoy yourself. I for one won't be shifting £26 their way again.

Visited May 2014