The Broadway Hotel
US$81
US$79
Premier Inn Letchworth Garden City Hotel(Letchworth)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$106
Hotels.com
Garden Lodge Hotel(Letchworth)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsexcellent carveryspent nights herebooked a twin roomroast potatoescentral locationlast minute bookingfood was lovelytrain stationbit datedchecking incomfortable roomcar parkingtown centrebuffet breakfastwould stay againstayed here for one nightcapt
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Spent 2 nights here this week on business. Staff were very friendly and pleasant, but hotel admin was useless - couldn't find my booking, didn't get the room I booked - ended up in a really cramped single room, which took an age to find as the signs within the hotel are non existent and I was given very vague instructions as to where to go (right through the packed restaurant carvery, dragging a suitcase between the tables until I found the well disguised small door at the end, that opens the wrong way so you have to hold it open, going upstairs!). The lift wasn't working and there was no offer of help, so had to drag my heavy case up two flights of stairs (when I eventually found them!). The bed linen was clean, as were the towels, but the bathroom was only just acceptable as clean and the walls of the room by the bed were disgusting - dried splashes of goodness only knows what clearly visible all over. Cracked and chipped main light switch, and the switch by the bedside was so sticky and horrible I cleaned it with wet wipes before I could bring myself to use it. Absolutely tiny shower cubicle, impossible to turn around in without the curtain coming adrift and ending up with a lake on the bathroom floor, although the water pressure was good and the water was hot. Lots of dust on the windowsills. The decoration in the communal areas is very poor - grubby, chipped paint, dirty glass in the windows and doors etc. Overall the bedroom areas look very tired, worn and dated. Decided not to eat in the evening in the carvery, but the self service breakfast included in the price was okay - not outstanding, but perfectly edible. The restaurant area is very cramped and crowded, and they seem to have one of every design of chair ever invented - I couldn't see ONE table where the chairs matched (I began to wonder if this was intentional). Chairs and decor in the bar rather grubby and again, dust etc on the windowsills and skirting. Staff were very nice and friendly, but seemed rather haphazard and rushed most of the time, without much of a clue about professionalism. It's not an expensive hotel, and is in a very good location - central and very close to the railway station, but felt rather downmarket and dismal. Would not choose to stay there again.

Room Tip: If my experience was anything to go by - avoid the single rooms - very cramped and awkward.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed for one night visiting friends in the area before heading north. Room was good, had everything we needed, and custard creams which are my favourite. WiFi worked fine. Decor feels a bit dated, I think it was refurbished about 8yrs ago, so could probably do with an aesthetic face lift, but everything functioned fine, and the shower was good. Bed was a small double, I'm not sure if they had any queen rooms, but I'd ask if I was to stay again. Food was excellent, had the carvery for dinner, and the breakfast in the morning was included.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The Carvery lunch on Saturday was good value at £5.95 plus £1 if you want a pudding.
Was food well presented and tasty? NO!
Were Staff Friendly? NO!
Would I go back ? NO!
Cheap meats odd tables and chairs staff that never smiled... I would rather have a sandwich in my car next time the atmosphere will be 100% better in there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Had a room available for me and my family at short notice and late in the evening. Room was clean and breakfast was lovely. Right in the town centre is good for other local restaurants, pubs , cinema and shops.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Great location one minutes walk to train station about the same to the centre shops. The rooms are very tired but clean and a good size. Excellent choice for breakfast and plenty if it. The evening Carvery can not be beat and is busy most nights with non residents. You will never go hungry here. I like this hotel and will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012