“Didn't meet expectations ”
Review of The Broadway Hotel

The Broadway Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Letchworth
“Didn't meet expectations ”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night on the 26th October to meet family that live locally. For £69 a night I was expecting a clean room ( it's was disgusting there was dust every where the light switches had dirt on them, my parents room head board had a big stain on it.) I would expect the toilet to flush ( in the three rooms we stayed in none of the toilets flushed) the towels had make up on them. The hotel smelled like an old people home. It was so old fashioned. The pictures on the trip adviser site make this hotel look like a very appealing place to stay. I would stay there again. The breakfast wasn't good. I would have expected more choice. I will be taking my business else where in future. My dad did tell the man at the desk about how unhappy we were and he did give us a discount on the room. This place need more than just a coat of paint.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Shefford
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I had a complaint regarding the way a member of staff had spoken to me. The owner of the hotel emailed me personally, then I had a phone call from the Managing Partner. Within the hour a huge bouquet of flowers and a massive box of chocolates arrived in apology. You cannot ask for better customer satisfaction regarding a complaint then that

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I travel for work a lot and this in one of the best experiences I have had in a very long time. The staff really go above and beyond what I have come to expect.I knew this hotel included breakfast but I wasn’t expecting a nice dining room with a waitress....and all for FREE. breakfast consists of a full English help yourself buffet, various juices, filter coffee and of course the very needed cuppa.
I locked myself out of my room by accident and when I called the front desk someone was there to help me in less than a minute!! Even the staff are exceptional, nothing is too much trouble and they are always more than happy to assist you in anything you need, advice on the surrounding areas, directions, where to eat out . You name it they are happy to help.
Not that you would want to eat out as they offer a full carvery , plus a fantastic menu with a weekly specials menu, the food is second to none , everything I have eaten here has been of an exceptional standard. And very we'll priced..
Oh – and the room was nice too. I would definitely stay here again and again ,you can't beat the location either.
I have read through some of the reviews regarding this hotel and don't think some of them give this place the recognition it deserves.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.
5 stars from me....keep up the good work, see you soon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Cirencester
Reviewed 22 September 2013

After reading reviews on here, we were apprehensive - we needn't have been. Good sized clean room (ok the double bed was a bit small and the room did get hot) and not noisy (despite a function in the room below us). Staff were very friendly and helpful. Our evening meal was good - and a good price. No complaints about breakfast either. Location was very near the town centre and a Morrisons across the road. The hotel had a free car park too. All round, a nice hotel and excellent value for the price we paid.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
March, Cambridgeshire
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We went to the Broadway for my cousin's wedding and stayed over on a Saturday night. The whole wedding was hosted by the Broadway. After reading earlier reviews I was a bit apprehensive on what we would find but we were pleased to discover you don't believe everything you read on here.
We had lunch in the main bar on the Saturday which was excellent. The food was very good and for 10 people only cost us about £98. I don't think that's expensive at all.
The staff were friendly and helpful, although some of the non-UK staff need to learn how to smile! Saying that, they weren't unfriendly or unhelpful, they just didn't smile much.
We had a family room on the 2nd floor. The beds were much softer than we're used to but that's just us, we prefer hard beds. The room was clean and tidy, big enough for our little family of 3.
The wedding went off very well, they've obviously had some practice doing these in the past. Everything went like clockwork and was well managed and organised.
All in all, can't fault it. Yes, it could do with a lick of paint. Yes, getting to the rooms through the resteraunt is a bit strange. For the price I'd defninately go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed here for one night after a wedding do. Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Room was a good size with everything we needed. Bed was a bit firm for us but still slept well. Nice hot shower in the morning. Buffet breakfast was good quality and very tasty.
Stayed in a double room for only £59.99. Very good value and seems a very well run hotel. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel and would not go back. There was excrement in the loo when we arrived, our door wouldnt lock at all from the outside & it was far too hot in the room, the heater was on in the bathroom and the windows wouldnt open except for one which kept falling closed again, we had a rubbish nights sleep as it was far too hot! The breakfast was ok, but there was no staff about to even find a glass to get some juice!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letchworth
Mercure Letchworth Hall
Templars Hotel and Carvery
Hitchin Priory
Hitchin Priory
#8 of 8 in Hitchin

Been to The Broadway Hotel? Share your experiences!