“Not impressed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homesdale

Homesdale
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Hallingbury
Homesdale
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

The en suite needs a complete refurb, the room was very dated with a stale aroma and the breakfast despite being quite nice was served on a broken, not cracked, plate. Overall very disappointing.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2010

Arrived early evening and was welcomed at the door and shown my room which was fantastic, very spacious clean and comfortable. Had an early night because of a job interview early the next morning and had a peaceful nights sleep. Free wireless internet was also useful in the evening for me.

The location was ideal for me as it was close to where I needed to be, but I don't know what the local area is really like as I was only there for such a short period.

Breakfast was ready at the time I requested the night before and was very good, plenty of options for continental and a delicious full english. Was plenty to fill me up and more if I had wanted it.

I also accidentally left my coat in the wardrobe so rang up when I got home in the evening and it was posted the next morning.

Overall I could not fault the stay and would be delighted to visit there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

We enjoyed our stay at Homesdale. The room was big and very comfortable. The breakfast was also good.

If you are very allergic, it's worth knowing they have dogs.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

We were staying for 4 nights (2adults, 1 child). We were met at the door after being dropped off by taxi and shown to our very clean, cosy and modern room. The shower was wonderfully hot and powerful, the beds were very comfortable with nice bed lining. Good choice of food for breakfast. The location is wonderful in very quiet countryside. People running hotel are polite and ready to help.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2009

I recently was flying out of standsted and needed to stay somewhere near the airport as my flight was early in the morning. I arrived after a long drive and need to find somewhere close to get dinner. The owner (female) gave me a couple of places for food and also suggested I could have dinner there. As I was on my own I choose to have dinner there and I am very glad I did it was lovely.

All round a great experiance and would now always use Homesdales if i need a bed near Stansted.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
cornwall
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2007

we booked in to stay at homesdale for one night in oct 2007,spoke over the phone and confirmed prices and told the "owner" (male) that we were travelling from cornwall so might be a little late. The other half of our party phoned at 8pm when we were travlling to say we were hoping to be there by 10,was that ok? the response was ... it will have to be wont it? good start eh??
we arrived in the villlage at 10.15 and had a drink in a pub and waited for our friends who had "sat nav" to take us straight there, i phoned the owner and he said ok,we got there at 10.45 rang the bell,,,no hello or k*ss my as*, your rooms are up the top of the stairs on the left was all we were greeted with. nice!!!!! it was late we accept but he also knew we would be late from our first booking arrangement,so if there could of been a problem then say at that stage.
Anyway lovely rooms all very well presented with a nice breakfast if a little smalllish!! less is more??
we left our keys at the b+b got a cab to the airport and off we went.
when we returned to get the keys for the car all we got when we rung the doorbell was ..... you come for these ? and he handed us the car keys ...no nicieties at all just shut the door and that was and will be the last time we ever see that place.
Need to add the german lady (maybe his wife) was very nice and polite.
BUT WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE .UNWELCOMING WOULD BE TOO MUCH OF A COMPLIMENT!!!

• Liked — driving away
  • Disliked — choosing it!!
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
Homesdale, Manager at Homesdale, responded to this review, 24 November 2010
Well, What would you do if guests arrived at two o'clock in the morning, been sick at the front door, arguing between them and waken all the guest and shouting at the other guests!
We we're feeling threatend by this guest and had to protect our other guests from there abuse.

Travellers are raving about these Little Hallingbury hotels