“So sad to leave!”

Little Hallingbury Mill
London
“So sad to leave!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We docked our liveaboard boat in at the adjacent drydock and could not live on it as we had to do major renovations, so I booked us in the mill for five days.
Was not expecting much as we heard the proprietors were not boater friendly. But by the time our booking came round we discovered that Miranda and Rich had taken over the business.
We were made to feel so welcome. Granted the place is being renovated and updated, but the mattress was new and comfortable. The food is good, honest, pub type food, we especially liked the fish and chips with proper home made chips.
The location is just lovely, this is a genuine mill with all the original workings in a picturesque bit of countryside.
This hotel is not a business type 'bed factory' it is quirky friendly and homely and we look forward to revisiting for fish and chips in the garden in future.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monkeypink

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Absolutely beautiful setting, lovely rooms, food and choice fantastic. We sat outside overlooking the lake sipping cocktails. Our room was spacious and very clean, Miranda and Rich who own the place are a really lovely, friendly couple and nothing is too much trouble. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Terrie9
Tenterden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two days over the bank holiday weekend at the end of May and wished we'd been able to stay for longer. Firstly, the setting was perfect. The building is a converted mill in the middle of the countryside with the canal running alongside. Upon our arrival, we were met by the New owner who was very polite, friendly and helpful. She walked us to our room and made sure we had everything we needed. Our room was lovely. It was huge with an en suite bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable. Sadly, we didn't get to eat dinner in the restaurant but plan on returning and will most certainly will. The bar/restaurant area was gorgeously decorated, with every table set to perfection. The menu looked amazing. We did get to eat breakfast on both mornings. The breakfast room was very quaint and the breakfasts were delicious. A full English breakfast was cooked to order by the owner. The bacon was the nicest I have ever tasted.There was tea, coffee, a selection of juices, cereal, pasties, and fresh fruit. You couldn't ask for anything else. There were plenty of walks to be had in the area and despite our limited time, we did manage to do one. We were staying while we visited family in the area but are planning on returning in order to make the most of thus incredible B&B. I loved my stay and can't wait to come back. The owners were lovely and are doing an incredible job. I wish them every success.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TaijituMonkey
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This delightful setting was only acquired by the present owners in Feb. this year, and was obviously run down when they bought it. They are a hard working couple with ambitious plans, and the end result will be worth the wait. Making allowances for the work to be done, the mill has the potential to be a real find.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for one night during a business trip to Harlow. This was my first visit to the area so I searched for hotels on TripAdvisor and found this place. It was a wonderful relief from the monotonous chain hotels I have stayed in the past and I will certainly visit again. The owners are lovely, laid back but willing to make a stay as comfortable as possible. The look of the place is amazing as you drive down the small road and the character of the place is continued inside. The old workings of the mill are still on show in the bistro and the quaint check in area and wonderful bar finish off the reception room. My room was simple but had everything you would expect from a small independent hotel and what wasn't there was provided on request. My colleague and I had dinner in the bistro which was beautiful and enjoyed some gorgeous local ales!
In the morning breakfast was to the same standard and served with a friendly smile. I hope to return to the area again so I can stay in this hotel! Thank you guys! =D>

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris R
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We met up with friends here and stayed over, the owners were very hospitable and catered to our every need. The surroundings were beautiful and the rooms were immaculate. So nice we have already booked a return. It was great value for money in an idyllic English country setting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Steeton
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great food, good beer and fantastic hosts. The bar area is friendly and a good selection of beers and drinks are available. My meal was excellent and the waiting time was extremely short.
Really enjoyed my stay, I'll be back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Hallingbury
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
#1 of 1 in Sheering
Ramada London Stansted Airport
Ramada London Stansted Airport
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford

Been to Little Hallingbury Mill? Share your experiences!