“Lots of good looking ice cream coming out of that window!”
Review of Rita's Dairy Bar

Rita's Dairy Bar
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Grand Rapids
Cuisines: French
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Three of us, but I was the only one to get a sundae. I had the Maumee Dam Slide: Twist ice cream, peanut butter cup topping, chocolate and peanut butter syrups flowing over everything (copied from their menu) and it was very good. Prices were reasonable and it was obvious that they could get busy on a hot day. They are seasonal, which is understandable in this resort-type town. Scenic area along the Maumee River across from the Providence Park and Ludwig Mill.

Rita1998, Owner at Rita's Dairy Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for the kind words. You chose one of the favorite sundaes we make. We make all of our scooped ice cream in house with creative flavor ideas coming from not only our thoughts but customers contributions as well. I agree we do have a lot of good looking, fun flavors to serve up and satisfy.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

After our Lions Club meeting, I decided to have a flurrie on the way home. There were several customers, but I didn't wait long. This is a local favorite spot. They have food, as well as ice cream treats. Sandwiches, fries, salads, etc.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

There were so many bikers (motor cycles) at this place we figured it had to by good. My dad always told us growing up if a place has lots of cars it's got to be great. So they had lots of bikers stopping for ice cream so it must be good. We waited until the huge and I mean huge line dwindled before attempting to by ice cream. We got maple pecan in dishes with spoons. It was very cold and very good but not too sweet which we all agreed was very nice. There are okaces to sit and stand but I didn't see any bike racks. That would have been nice to have a bike rack. I had to hold up my bike while I ate the ice cream but it wasn't the end of my double because it was a great little place with great fast service with a friendly smile and great ice cream. Would definitely go again when in the area.

Rita1998, Owner at Rita's Dairy Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

Thank you, yes the nice weather brings out the bikers, motor and pedal. Glad you enjoyed the Maple Pecan ice cream. It is made with real maple syrup and is a new flavor this year.

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Cost a lot for little bit of ice cream bit does taste really good. Nice area to go for a walk and get ice cream.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

The soft serve ice cream is twice the cost for the amount you get at other dairy bars. Slow service and not too friendly ownership or staff.