I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions and this was the least satisfactory of all. It's a budget hotel and you get what you pay for, but the restaurant is usually pretty good. However, on this occasion I had booked to dine at 19:00, placed my order at 19:05 and then sat for 45 minutes without either receiving my order or being told why there was a delay. At this point I got up from the table and told the Restaurant Manager to cancel my order as I was not waiting any longer. I then went next door to a transport cafe, which supplied a most excellent meal about ten minutes after ordering. I also complained at reception and was told that a Manager would be in touch very quickly. This was on Friday - it is now Wednesday and no Managerial call has been received. Not impressed!
The room itself was adequate, but with very poor lighting for reading and no hook on the back of the door in the bathroom, which had a shower without power.
Saturday breakfast was excellent, which was what I have come to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within easy reach of the A1(M) and M25. Close to historic Knebworth House, Knebworth Park and only 8 miles from Hatfield House and Gardens. Conveniently located for Potters Bar train station, from which you can get to London in 15 minutes. Our South Mimms/Potters Bar Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an integrated restaurant serving a mix of traditional and contemporary dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn South Mimms/Potters Bar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn South Mimms/Potters Bar Hotel Potters Bar
- Premier Inn South Mimms/Potters Bar Hotel Hertfordshire