“Just the job!”

Ramada South Mimms M25
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in South Mimms
“Just the job!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nice comfortable room, even had a trouser press. Enjoyed the complimentary ginger biscuits. Free bottle of water and a choc bar on check in was also nice. Loved the free wifi. Staff were friendly and helpful. Had a good nights sleep. Happy!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
.Liverpool
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed here many times and have always been happy with the hotel. It is clean, warm and welcoming.
As a woman travelling on my own, for work, I feel safe here, and they still have room telephones to reception. The staff have always been welcoming and pleasant and gone out of their way to help if needs be. They are a credit to the Days Inn chain of hotels.
Have now and again had a 'blip' such as tv not working or leaky loo, but sorted when I have mentioned to staff. Had the previous guests told the staff, these would have been fixed in time for the next person in the room.
This hotel even has a microwave that is available for you to use!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Wakefield
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just arrived for an overnight stop, room smells damp and so does the bed. Shame because the staff were very good at check-in and price was very competitive when sourced via net. Wish I'd spent the other £5 for the premier Inn across the carpark.

• Stayed June 2014
Clacton-on-sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I've stayed in other affordable hotels of this nature and they were very good value for money but this one has to go down as the worst. The room smelt of damp, the decor was well past it's best and in need of a complete overhaul, the carpet stuck to your feet, the TV only worked when it wanted to and the hotel was very noisy all night long with banging and people talking.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Keith J

Travellers are raving about these South Mimms hotels

Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my daughter for 3 nights whilst we did various things in and around London. Location is perfect for commuting by train or car. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. I booked a double room but found I had a family room, which was a bonus. I found it clean and comfortable. And it was tidied and freshened every day we stayed. Teas and coffees were replaced without asking and towels were renewed every day. Bathroom was clean and shower could use updating but worked without a problem and had no dips in temperature. Rooms were very quiet also, so no noise complaints at all.
It's a budget hotel, so you have to expect to get what you pay for. I was very happy with this hotel and would definitely stay here again, as we visit London regularly.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank lauren2205
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have stayed many times for one night in the north London area, normally at a premier inn. I was glad I decided to have a change, although my room was a bit scruffy and needed a new shower and decorating it was great value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Bodmin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have now written to this company six times in an attempt to get a reply to my complaint about the South Mimms Days Inn and I keep recewiving emails telling me they will reply within 24 hours, but they don't!! This was my complaint:

I recently made a trip with my family to visit unversities in the South Mimms area and I now write to bring to your attention the awful condition of this hotel.

Our room was a family one and we chose to stay at the Days Inn because it had fairly good reviews. I appreciate that this is a budget hotel but our experience of our room did not meet the standards we had expected for the Days Inn chain.

The bathroom was probably the worst area and I attach photos of the rotting door way, the lino drifting away from the walls, the mould around the bath area and the bathroom door which had dirt all over it. The shower head was blocked and I think this was the cause the jets of water to emerging like bullets; the temperature of the water was inconsistent and at times boiling hot and then freezing cold. (I sent photos to the complaint's department but can't include them on this review).

The main bedroom had chips of paint all over the walls and scuff marks everywhere and the mirror had obviously been cracked and was taped up with grey tape which had been there quite some time.

My daughter and I also sustained what we believe were flea bites. We have cats and know flea bites and we were both bitten on our ankles.

I did attempt to make a complaint about our room but every time I went to reception, the desk was too busy and we were all tired and just needed to sleep. The next morning we were in a hurry to leave for an appointment and the desk was again busy and we did not have the time to wait to talk to the manager.

I believe the hotel is probably in need of a total refurbishment!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
Royal Chace Hotel
Royal Chace Hotel
#2 of 5 in Enfield

Been to Ramada South Mimms M25? Share your experiences!