Stansted Airport Lodge
  • Breakfast included
US$165
US$161
  • Pool
Novotel London Stansted Airport(Stansted Mountfitchet)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$79
US$66
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewscontinental breakfastnear airportan overnight staybed was comfortableearly flighttea and coffeewarm welcomeboarding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2011

The usual competent but unexciting Travel Lodge. Easy to find, good parking, serviced 24 hours, usual room standard, and only a couple of minutes from the airport. We had a good nights sleep, which is all we wanted.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MikeD1948
Reviewed 6 September 2011

1. The telephone number for the hotel is a waste of time. The owner (Marek) works off a mobile, so I was unable to phone to get the shuttle to meet me at the airport.
2. The shuttle (it transpired) was out of action
3. The taxi for a five minute trip was £12. Rip off
4. The 'reception area' (a small desk on a 1970's shag pile carpet) was tacky.
5. When I arrived at 8 p.m, the DIY breakfast (available from 04.00) was already out. Yum....
6. Everything in the room flickered, the bulbs and the TV - which looked like a reconstituted CCTV monitor.
7. The mattress was designed by a back surgeon - to generate more income.
8. There was mould around the shower tray and the bin was half full.
Shall I go on?

Room Tip: Pay the extra and stay at a decent hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Pretty bad, room stinks of wee and stale smoke, booked an executive room - got a family room which is spacious but smells awful.
Shuttle bus didn't have a clue who we were after emailing and calling ahead. Almost refused to take us.
Over charged for taxi to hotel as described online... Different prices (£7 vs £18 charged!)
No good.......

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank DusJ1
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My parents and I stayed at this b&b on their last night in the UK. We booked two rooms (a single and a double) the night before for a very cheap price (£39 per room). We took a taxi from the airport fro £12 (we did not bother with the shuttle, for £4.50 per person, and we didn't want to wait in the rain), and got there in about 10 min. The receptionist was nice and showed us to our rooms in the adjacent building, and helped us carry the suitcases (there is no lift). The rooms (on en-suite) were very clean and perfectly fine (in size and deco), and had a TV and a kettle for tea. My parents are Italian and very fussy about cleanliness and comfort and they found the standard of the accomodation very good. We had to leave at 4am the next morning (early flight at 6.30am) so we were told that breakfast would be ready for us from 3am. We did not bother as we were not hungry at all at that time, so I cannot comment on the quality but, given everything else, I am would be inclined to think that it would've been adequate. The receptionist (I believe he was called Marek, well done and thank you sir!) was friendly and joked with us all the way through, and booked us a taxi from the same company we had used to get there (it's the company based in Stansted airport) , and they were perfectly on time!! This means, though, that I cannot comment on the b&b's own shuttle service. We chose the airport's taxi company because I stayed in another -UNRELATED - b&b in the area previously and was left waiting (in icy January!!) for the b&b's own shuttle for almost 2 hours (regardless of my calls to solicit a swift pick up), and I wanted to avoid that experience for me and my parents - an absolute priority!!!
All in all, we had a very positive experience, and we would recommend it to anyone. If I had to find any negatives, I would say: 1. fix the damn digital box of the TV!! 2. you may hear some of the traffic passing by from the windows (not very much though), however, I have a very light sleep and nonetheless slept all the way through the night.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back of the buildings may be totally soundproof, although the others let in very little noise - our rooms faced the road.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank daisyita
Reviewed 18 November 2010

two large houses joined togetheir. Really nice sized rooms. When we checked in a nice gentle man took us to the room. The breakfast room room was spacious . Some thoyught has gone into to the layout opf the room.
The shuttle to the airport was prompt, and short.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple