Stansted Airport Lodge
US$127
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
All reviewscontinental breakfastnear airportan overnight staybed was comfortableearly flighttea and coffeewarm welcomeboarding
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We booked last minute to stay the night before we flew from Stansted. We payed just £45 for a double room, 5 days parking and a continental breakfast. Tranfers to and from airport were at an extra cost. Lovely room, bright and modern with almost tropical muriels on the walls. Puts you in the mood for your hols! There was under floor heating in our room which was lovely when we arrived (end Jan) but it was on all night so did end up sleeping with the window open. Plumbing not up to much. No water when we first arrived and toilet blocked. But would def recommend as a stop over. Breakfast is a basic continental, but good and fresh. Also great little pub about 500m down the road called the Green Man. Just been refurbed...great food so worth a visit while your staying.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Rather than set off at dark o clock decided to look for an overnight stopover. Used a hotel booking site and selected Stansted Airport Lodge as it was almost same price as parking would be and the package was Bed & Breakfast with 5 Days parking so just what I was looking for.
Sat Nav found it easy enough and there was a chap there to welcome me.
Unloaded car after being shown my room and parked round the back out of sight of the main road but still covered by CCTV. So I felt it was safe to leave the car.

The room itself was quite large compared to some B&Bs I have used, enough wardrobe space to hang your stuff in and a handy rack for your case so you can live out of it overnight.
En suite shower room a bit small but adequate. Soap and shampoo provide if you did not want to unpack your own.

The room itself was very clean and warm (it was a cold January evening). In the morning help your self continental breakfast and the £4.50 pre paid taxi arrived on time. NOTE the rip off merchants at the airport loungr taxi office charged me £12 to get back.

If I am flying from Stansted again I would certainly see if they had a vacancy.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NF_from_NLincs
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I spent a quick overnight stop in the hotel, flying into Stanstead late that evening and then getting a coach from the airport to the west country the following morning. The shuttle service to the hotel was easy to find (situated right next to the coach station) and was a short trip to the hotel (about 10 or 15 minutes at most). The hotel was quiet, but warm, clean and comfortable. I arrived from Spain at the very end of October and the hotel seemed particularly cosy! The breakfast the following morning was continental, simple but effective (toast and breads, yoghurts, fruits, cheese and cold meats). The shuttle the following morning was a little late and it would perhaps be advisable to book it a little earlier than you need it, just to make sure you arrive with time to spare. The hotel manager was Croatian and extremely helpful and friendly. He ensured that the shuttle back to the airport arrived with only a short delay and he was very professional and likeable. Overall, the hotel was very good value for money and definitely recommended if you are looking for somewhere comfortable, clean, reliable and good value to put your head down for the night as you fly in or out of Stanstead. Very good.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank EJB1976
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Arrived in the afternoon and was greeted in a lovely reception area by a friendly attendant. Was shown to my single room in the other building next to the main. It was clean and modern and considering you are by a busy main road it is relatively quiet. Clean and modern bathroom with nice interior. Bed was very comfortable and for what I paid was very worth it as they sorted a lift in the morning which made my journey stress free. For £39 I got a great stress free nights sleep knowing someone would be outside to pick me up and enjoyed a breakfast too which was basic but adequate for 5am! Would definitely recommend and would stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank C00kie4
SAlodge, Manager at Stansted Airport Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2012

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review, It always pleases us when we hear our guests have had a good time and as a lot of customers are flying to or from the airport we always aim to offer the stress free transition.

We are very happy to hear that the level of service and accommodation was to a high standard and that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us

Regards

Graeme Nicholson
Manager

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Got a room here over night to do an airport dropoff. for sleeping in it was fine no complaints but scratch under the surface and there are some "niggley" issues - tv was placed on opposite wall but far far away from bed.
no useful bed side sockets - logical things
If you want or are expecting a fancy breakfast, this is not your place, for a small snack before the airport it is fine.

The one thing of note is the picture of the "garden" is somewhat out of date, it is not a fancy garden but it is clear money has been spent to make it a bit nicer.

But as a standard a good place

Room Tip: Room 1 is at the back, the front is the road, back is the airport take your pick but if you close the windows it is fine.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple