Stansted Airport Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
Novotel London Stansted Airport(Stansted Mountfitchet)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
DeSalis Hotel(Elsenham)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewscontinental breakfastnear airportan overnight staybed was comfortableearly flighttea and coffeewarm welcomeboarding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2014

So, everything was perfect, only that they kept our money twice: one in the booking site, one there with the card. Super for 1 night before flight, the sleep was great, just be careful with the payment!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Trying to book was a night mare. I received verbal confirmation on the phone and was told that I would receive an email which didn't arrive. When I called again I was told that I had not booked. Eventually the staff apologised and when they found the booking and sent the email confirmation. When we arrived at the lodge I was told that I had not booked and that they had no record of me. After showing the hotel owner my confirmation email I was told that this was not valid despite having received it from him and confirming the email address and showing him the reference number.
After arguing with him for about half an hour he gave our room to another couple at a reduced price and then said that if we wanted to stay there we would have to pay a higher fee because there were only family rooms left. Unfortunately we had no choice and had to pay.
If you do book here you can never be sure that you actually have a room and that the price you have agreed, even if you have written confirmation, will be the same when you arrive, assuming there are still rooms available when you arrive.
If this has not put you off enough already, the shuttle service that we were told about was cancelled and we had to find another ride to the airport last minute with no apologies and at out own cost.
The rooms are of a very poor standard and were not only unclean but unhygienic with mould in the bathrooms and dirty towels (mine had stains on it). The food was also awful. We had breakfast which consisted of warm milk and a small bowl of cereal.
When we left the next morning we spoke to the manager and asked about leaving feedback to see whether he thought that the lodge had provided the service that it advertised. He said that the service at the lodge is acceptable and that they would not make any changes or give us any money back.
I would seriously advise anyone that is planning on staying here to reconsider. I travel a lot and this is the worst place that I have ever stayed. I have stayed in a number of hostels and really cheap, bad hotels and this is the worst that I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Would not recommed this hotel. No doorlock on room, very very hot. Very loud music. 10 minute walk to nearest shop. No food or drink on the premises. Not very helpful.
Hence did not stay, and drove all the way home to Reading.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2013

It is a strange set up, this lodging is 2 modern-ish houses that are let out as rooms as Stansted Airport is close by. I arrived into Stansted at around 230pm and called to arrange transport. I was told I couldn't check in until 6pm but after a short discussion we were able to come to an arrangement and I was picked up and taken to the property, it's around a 10 minute drive.
The houses are fine, brightly furnished and clean and warm! I was checked in swiftly and transport was arranged for the following morning (I had a 615am departure).
My room was in the other building and was large and clean and nicely furnished with a purple colour scheme!
The wifi was a bit hit and miss in the room but I went and sat in the breakfast room in the other house and it worked well, you can also help yourself to tea and coffee here.
I spoke with a guy who was working on reception and he was perfectly pleasant as was the driver who collected me and checked me in.
The surroundings are not up to much, the grounds of the property are basically a parking lot with some derelict looking garage/workshops at the back. The houses are also in a village with 1 local pub around a 5 minute walk away and another pub and fish and chip shop around a 15 minute walk away. be aware if you arrive with no car!
I slept well and the continental breakfast was all set out at 4am as promised, basic but sufficient, ham and cheese, breads, cereal tea coffee and orange juice and some yoghurts.
My transport arrived as promised at 430am.
So all in all, perfectly fine, I would definitely use it again. If you want 5 star with 24 hour reception this is not for you but for £45 a night within 10 mins of Stansted, it's pretty good. The front doors are left unlocked all night but I felt safe at all times, there are cameras about and the lights are all on sensors.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2013

It says "friendly welcome" sorry the person that eventually turned up after we had to phone was not at all welcoming. There was no phone in my room and no hot water till the next morning. The heat was unbearable like being in a greenhouse. As a woman on my own I was not impressed with the security. The front door cannot be locked so any one can gain entry.My son was not happy about leaving me there.
Wi Fi does not work in all areas, I was curtly told I could sit in the breakfast room.
Breakfast....... give it a miss.... eat at the airport . Not worth paying extra for and you do it yourself.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo