“INCREDIBLE ”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and myself went out for a dinner and it was incredible!
For a starter we shared the pork belly bites and the hallumi chips, the pork belly bites just fell apart in your mouth and the apple sauce that went with it was delicious!
I had the chicken burger with peppercorn sauce for my chips and it was to die for! Highly recommend! My boyfriend has the ribeye and he had to give complements to the chef as he said it is the best steak he has ever had! And we have been to Gordon Ramsey’s Maze Grill and this steak was better!
For dessert we shared the banoffe sundae and it was delicious but we couldn’t finish it as the food filled us up and I had the English breakfast tea to end the meal and it was delicious!

I highly recommend The Akeman!!! Definitely coming back!

2  Thank Ellen B
Oakman I, Customer Engagement Team at The Akeman, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the glowing review! We look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Best,

Polly

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and my family dined here on Friday evening. We are not local to the area, we were staying at Pendley Manor for my brothers wedding so we needed somewhere to eat the evening before.
The food, service and atmosphere was all fantastic. It was very busy, and at times we struggled to hear each other speak. This didn't bother us too much though, I always think it's a good sign when somewhere is so busy. Despite it obviously being peak time it didn't impact the quality/speed of service for us.

We mostly had pizzas (I had a vegan one - highly recommend), two members of our party had burgers. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal! None of us could fault anything at all. Desserts were amazing too. We also thought it was very reasonably priced for the quality of food! something for everyone here. Perhaps avoid evenings or busy times If you like a more relaxed atmosphere.

2  Thank Bethandluke
Oakman I, Manager at The Akeman, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

It is wonderful to be able to impress people that come to us for the first time as it's a proper measure of everything we do, especially on busy nights.

Please do come back to us the next time you are in Tring!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great local pub with great food! Staff are always amazing and ready to help!
We will continue to return!

Oakman I, Manager at The Akeman, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for this - see you again next time!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Went back to this restaurant on Sunday after two years and found a brand new menu with vegan and gluten free options: absolute bliss! I thoroughly enjoyed my beetroot burger with GF bun and chips (pictured ) and shared a gorgeous apple and berries crumble with my friend but no picture, as it disappeared quite quickly! However, I was disappointed to find that the restaurant, which is now also a pizzeria, does not offer a gluten free pizza base... Go on, it's not that difficult, it would help to keep up the good work You're already doing!

2  Thank Katherine G
Oakman I, Manager at The Akeman, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for these comments; our menus are changed twice a year (Spring and Autumn) which keeps both our guests and us refreshed and I'm glad you enjoyed what we could do for you.

The issue with having a gluten-free pizza base is that we'd then need a completely separate pizza oven in which to cook is in order to avoid cross-contamination with the other dough base.

Please don't leave it so long until you come back to us!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Having recently moved to Tring we thought we’d give the Akeman a try. Judging by some of the reviews before it seems that a lot of wannabe food critics have passed through the door looking for Michelin star quality at McDonalds prices. If you’re after solid, quality, unfussy food, look no further. Three of us ate together and all of our meals were very good. The staff couldn’t have been more accommodating (even letting one of us charge a mobile phone behind the front desk) and several of them took the time to check that all was okay with our food rather than assume our original server had done that. It’s a very pleasant venue. Will definitely return.

2  Thank 199alexj
Oakman I, Manager at The Akeman, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Thanks ever so much for the comments and we're so pleased that our offer came across in exactly the way it should to you and your guests. Hopefully your review will be taken on board by other contributors.

We hope to have you back with us again very soon.

Best wishes,