“0 for food hygiene ”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“0 for food hygiene ”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Went to for a meal on Saturday night Food was okay but when I called home a friend told me they got Zero for food hygiene will not return

3 Thank Gonefishing14

“Never, ever disappointed!”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I must admit to being a regular at Tamarind, despite being able to rustle up a mean and authentic curry myself (when I have the time). The food regardless of whether it is take-away or eat in, single meal or table for 12, is always outstanding. It is fresh, hot and brimming with flavour - this is not a "one sauce fits all" place as found in some of our neighbouring towns (i.e.. Chesham). The staff are all delightful and treat everyone as their best, most loyal customer. If you want over priced, pretentious small portions of food decorated with a bit of grated carrot and spring onion then go somewhere else. Talk to the staff - they want your experience to be the best, so if you have a particular taste in mind I'm pretty sure they can do something for you - this happened recently when a friend found out she was allergic to turmeric. The chef saw it as a challenge and produced a delicious dish without turmeric (a difficult job seeing as it is used in their marinade)! Leaving this review has made me realise that it is Friday and I will probably be eating a Tamarind this evening, one way or another!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Stewza
Aylesbury United Kingdom
“The mystery of the Missing Mango”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Just come home from eating at the Tamarind- the only place where I've not left a tip. The service was slow despite our being the only people in the restaurant on a Sunday evening. We waited and watched as three waiters gave priority to take-away orders and when my main course-Mango Delight - finally arrived, there were none of the specified mango slices to be found.The waiter's response to my complaint was bullish - "We know our own menu, the mango is melted. It's in the sauce." The offer of a replacement dish did not appeal, given the length of time we had waited for the original. Shan't go there again!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Barbara W
Huntingdon
“Food ok”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The food was very good and the service was good too, a very popular restaurant we didn't think we were going to be able to get a table as it was full, there was nothing outstanding about the food though it sounded as if there was something special when you read the menu but certainly wouldn't not recommend it.

Visited June 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Best In The Area”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We go to The Tamarind maybe two to three times a month. We continue to keep going to the Tamarind for several reasons. Value for money, impeccable service and outstanding food. We are always met with a smile by all staff and often they will make something off the menu for me, as I do like to try different food. Easily the best curry I've eaten and I've tried a lot of the menu. Looking forward to going again soon.

• Visited June 2013