“Friendly and delightful find for honest, homecooked food”
Review of Anusia Cafe - CLOSED

Anusia Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Organic, vegetarian small restaurant behind a cook shop
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The food was genuinely made there (we sat near the kitchen and heard them making the cashew ice cream) and was obviously put together by peole who care about their product. The veggie bugers are great and not just for veggies (I am a meat eater).It's unpretentious, not trying to be something it's not, just somewhere that wants to serve nice food and please people.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

This was my second visit to anusia. The first time we went the food was good but the staff were in short supply. We had to wait ages to be served and a few things on the order didn't arrive. On my second visit we didn't get to the food order as once again only one person waiting on who then started taking orders from people who were in after us. Eventually another member of staff came out and once again started taking orders from other people. Enough is enough. Get your service in order first. I also think the prices are a little pricey considering it is vegetarian food.

2  Thank Noddyland
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Nice cafe with good food options, modern and comfortable, plus upstairs there's some toddler toys and books.

2  Thank sparters66
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This small but perfectly formed lunch venue is tucked away behind a cook shop in Tring High St, close to the car park. It serves organic vegetarian food and caters for both vegans and gluten-free lifestyles as well. I'm an unreconstructed carnivore but I loved this relaxed little place and can't praise it highly enough. The staff / owners are just the right kind of attentive and the food is very fresh and tasty. If you just wanted tea and a slice of cake you would also have a really big, mouthwatering choice. I was hungry and opted for a sourdough based pizza which had the perfect "Goldilocks" texture, not to crunchy and not too chewy...just right. The food didn't appear immediately so it was clear everything is prepared fresh. The cafe is a bright conservatory and there's even a tiny courtyard with a couple of outdoor tables at the back. I gathered that from the start of April 2012 they will also be serving evening meals. Good on them. I hope they flourish because they deserve to.

3  Thank Falconette