“Wonderful Staff !”

Premier Inn Tring Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tring
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I arrived late at night to a warm reception. Having booked in, I enquired about extra tea/milk facilities and was provided with ample. My room, whilst on the 'compact' side, was perfectly clean and tidy - thus, perfectly suitable for my needs.
The next morning I asked for the whereabouts of the local Museum (an excellent little 'tardis' of a museum, which just keeps growing from floor to floor, it was very deceptive and thoroughly enjoyable!!) - I had come to see the 'National Photographer of the Year' exhibition - and local walks around the nearby reservoirs.
The staff were extremely polite and helpful, especially the receptionist, Melissa ( I think?), who printed me off a map of Tring and Rowena, serving breakfast, who gave me very good directions to the reservoirs.
The meals were taken next door, a few steps away, in The Crow's Nest - it is a flat walk way, so ideal for wheelchairs. I only had Breakfast on the two mornings of my stay - there was an ample display of cereals, croissants, a toast making machine, juice and tea/coffee facilities. The hot breakfast was ordered at the table and you could have whatever you desired (ie how much/many of something) from the menu.....'an eat as much as you like' concept!!
I spent the Saturday afternoon in the bar watching Ireland, in the 6 Nations Rugby, with a pint in my hand. Once again, the bar staff were extremely polite and helpful......giving me the remote to put the Rugby on and allowing me to turn to volume to audible! Although, at times, perhaps there should have been a remote for me!!!
I had the opportunity to see a friend and decided to stay another night at this Hotel, because I was absolutely spoilt by the wonderful staff.....thank you for a lovely stay.
Should I return to Tring, I would be only too please to stay at this Premier Inn

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lhcallaghan

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The hotel and hotel reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. The room was too warm as usual (20-21 degrees C - although this may be a personal thing, I prefer to sleep in a much cooler room) with no means of cooling the room apart from opening the window; of course then you have the road noise, although, I was not disturbed by it. The bed was very comfortable; we were offered a choice of firm or soft pillows, but this proved to be a gimmick as they were all the same density - perhaps they have got mixed up! Generally, the hotel stay was positive. Breakfast was another matter. We were told that the chefs were busy when we arrived, but that does not excuse the fact that they took 45 minutes to take our hot food order (and then we had to ask) and a further 25 minutes for the food to arrive. I couldn't help thinking that we would have got the food much quicker if they had taken our order earlier. They have gone back to the "cook to order system" at this restaurant as opposed to Premier Inn's usual buffet system and whilst the quality of the food may have improved (it was excellent) they still need to do some work on the service. I would elaborate that the Hotel accommodation was very good for this grade of hotel (although too warm for me), but the breakfast experience let it down.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed here many years ago and had to stay again due to business, rooms tidy, receptionist was a credit to the hotel for her radiant smile ( maggie) and helpfulness.
Restaurant next door was ok but menu limited.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank flashy158
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Visited family and friends and used hotel as a sleeping base only, I was greeted warmly by Jenna and was instantly put at ease and knew if I needed anything could rely on the staff, the room was a good size and equipped as I expected from the chain which makes it easier for me to pack as all premier inns provide the same equipment, will certainly stay set hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Victoria U
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This being an older hotel means its a little more on the compact side, but adequate. Service wise it was ok, however not being able to pay with cash got under my skin a little. Fittings in the bathroom were a little tired and bathroom cleanliness wasn't up to usual standard, the corner behind the toilet was 'grim'. There was a desk as you would expect, however only one single plug point with the lamp plugged into it! What's the point of a desk to work at and no socket to plug a laptop or phone charger into?
The Crows Nest Beefeater restaurant was very pleasant, the food was hot, served timely and plentiful.
Overall 'average' and I probably wont stay here again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

When we arrive we received a warm welcome from a young lady of eastern european background(I think) she was really helpful and arranged everything for our stay. We had a meal on the first night which was fine. The room was clean and warm. For £29 this was a real bargain and we will be using premier inn again in the future. Once again must mention the staff member who went out of her way to help.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Great value for money, especially if you book the 'Meal Deal'. Simple, basic food and good portions for a very reasonable price all included in the price of the room. The 'Good Night Guarantee' means the staff will pull out all the stops to get it right!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pilch50
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tring
Pendley Manor Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hemel Hempstead
The Penny Farthing Hotel
The Penny Farthing Hotel
#1 of 2 in Berkhamsted

Been to Premier Inn Tring Hotel? Share your experiences!