“visiting”

Premier Inn Tring Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tring
Reviewed 22 April 2014

stayed for two nights whilst visiting family. clean comfy room
nice friendly staff
lovely on site pub serving lovely meals
would definitely stay again when visiting family
quite lovely area big car park

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed for a few days, made an excellent base for walking in the Chiltern Hills. Room very comfortable, with good power shower! Reception staff very friendly and accommodating. Buffet breakfast is served in pub next door, very good premier inn breakfast! Lovely view through extensive windows at rear of pub over the countryside. Free car parking. Crows nest, beefeater is nice, good service.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Great room we loved the smaller style, awesome power shower, reception very helpful especially maggie who offered local knowledge and maps! Nice country views and easy location. 2 nights here and 2 amazing breakfasts offered in the adjoining crows nest. Full english cooked to order and great choice of continental items. Also had a meal in the crows nest and had a lush burger :-) Very pleased with our stay! Will def stay again and recommend!

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Premier Inn provided its usual high standard of comfortable and good value accommodation. However, our experience was let down by the on site restaurant, the Crows Nest. Since our last stay 2.5 years ago, it has been allowed to deteriorate in decor, management and general customer care. We had booked a family dinner for 11 people during our stay and we waited 2 hours for our main courses to be served. Of these, 4 had to be returned as they were cold. We were offered a discount off the total bill but the evening was spoilt. Because of this restaurant we will not be staying at this Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Tring Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great welcome . Clean comfortable room .Situated in much more pleasant surroundings that some Premier Inns. There are lovely views across the valley towards Whipsnade and the Zoo.Conveniently just off the A41

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I arrived late at night to a warm reception. Having booked in, I enquired about extra tea/milk facilities and was provided with ample. My room, whilst on the 'compact' side, was perfectly clean and tidy - thus, perfectly suitable for my needs.
The next morning I asked for the whereabouts of the local Museum (an excellent little 'tardis' of a museum, which just keeps growing from floor to floor, it was very deceptive and thoroughly enjoyable!!) - I had come to see the 'National Photographer of the Year' exhibition - and local walks around the nearby reservoirs.
The staff were extremely polite and helpful, especially the receptionist, Melissa ( I think?), who printed me off a map of Tring and Rowena, serving breakfast, who gave me very good directions to the reservoirs.
The meals were taken next door, a few steps away, in The Crow's Nest - it is a flat walk way, so ideal for wheelchairs. I only had Breakfast on the two mornings of my stay - there was an ample display of cereals, croissants, a toast making machine, juice and tea/coffee facilities. The hot breakfast was ordered at the table and you could have whatever you desired (ie how much/many of something) from the menu.....'an eat as much as you like' concept!!
I spent the Saturday afternoon in the bar watching Ireland, in the 6 Nations Rugby, with a pint in my hand. Once again, the bar staff were extremely polite and helpful......giving me the remote to put the Rugby on and allowing me to turn to volume to audible! Although, at times, perhaps there should have been a remote for me!!!
I had the opportunity to see a friend and decided to stay another night at this Hotel, because I was absolutely spoilt by the wonderful staff.....thank you for a lovely stay.
Should I return to Tring, I would be only too please to stay at this Premier Inn

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lhcallaghan
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The hotel and hotel reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. The room was too warm as usual (20-21 degrees C - although this may be a personal thing, I prefer to sleep in a much cooler room) with no means of cooling the room apart from opening the window; of course then you have the road noise, although, I was not disturbed by it. The bed was very comfortable; we were offered a choice of firm or soft pillows, but this proved to be a gimmick as they were all the same density - perhaps they have got mixed up! Generally, the hotel stay was positive. Breakfast was another matter. We were told that the chefs were busy when we arrived, but that does not excuse the fact that they took 45 minutes to take our hot food order (and then we had to ask) and a further 25 minutes for the food to arrive. I couldn't help thinking that we would have got the food much quicker if they had taken our order earlier. They have gone back to the "cook to order system" at this restaurant as opposed to Premier Inn's usual buffet system and whilst the quality of the food may have improved (it was excellent) they still need to do some work on the service. I would elaborate that the Hotel accommodation was very good for this grade of hotel (although too warm for me), but the breakfast experience let it down.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tring
Pendley Manor Hotel
Innkeeper's Lodge- Aylesbury South Weston Turville
Hartwell House
Hartwell House
#1 of 1 in Hartwell

Been to Premier Inn Tring Hotel? Share your experiences!