“Egg shells in sandwich”

The Bell Inn
London, United Kingdom
“Egg shells in sandwich”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Staff were really friendly but the food was terrible. We had three sets of sandwiches which took 45 minutes to make. The egg mayonnaise had massive bits of eggshell in it which was horrible, not just the odd small bit of shell but large chunks! Ham sandwich was very fatty, chips were lovely though. Ok pub, staff great but food very poor.

Athens, Greece
“A good clean and friendly place”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The barman was very polite and pleasant, made us feel welcome and he had a good sense of houmor. The coffe was excellent and the beer even better.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank GeorgeKarvounakis
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Very friendly”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We popped in for lunch today, staff were very friendly and the kids meal was huge. Hubby and kids enjoyed their food and I would have but part way through my nachos I realised that the salsa had been replaced with ketchup which was too sweet for my taste. The other food looked lovely and was reasonably priced.

Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, clean premises and very reasonable prices”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

My husband and I decided on The Bell for a Saturday lunch because we liked the look of the variety of food on the menu. When we entered this pub I was pleasantly surprised by the clean, fresh smell that hit me; no old lager or dirty cooking oil smells here! It is a family friendly pub but we weren't disturbed at all by the children in there, neither were we bothered by the music , which wasn't loud enough to be a nuscience, we could easily hear each other speak;( however they were advertising a number of live music nights , so it's likely the evenings would be completely different in this regard.)

Newspapers were provided so while we waited for our meals we sat and relaxed, it was a very pleasant atmosphere.

We chose the trio of local sausage with mash and beef & a horseradish sandwich with chips. We were both impressed by the excellent quality of the food - the beef in the sandwich was warm slices of proper steak, not vacum packed supermarket stuff , the chips too were proper home-cooked chips not frozen ones, they were LOVELY. The sausages were good quality and the mash was proper mash, not powdered stuff. The bill was a pleasant surprise - two meals and 4 drinks all for under £20. I would highly recommend this pub and wouldn't hesitate to travel the 17 miles from my home to visit again.

• Visited February 2013