“A lovely hotel”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tring
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A lovely hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We recently stayed overnight and found the hotel to be great, the location is stunning and the staff excellent, they have a swimming pool that was warm and spotless however the changing rooms were a little cramped. On the whole a very good value hotel and will would stay their again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
GMpendley, General Manager at Pendley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Jeff G thank you for taking the time to review us! I am glad you enjoyed the facilities and the staff looked after you. We do have an additional female changing room on the first floor, but as present only one male one I am afraid. Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Wendover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

My girlfriend and I had a lovely stay at the hotel we were very happy with our four poster room and the facilities, the room and hotel was very clean the staff were very friendly and welcoming all at a bargain of a price! The swimming pool was very nice and clean and was quiet for a relaxing swim! so was the sauna and steam room. The food at the restaurant was delicious what we didn't have to wait long for with superb service! All in all it was a great weekend and we would go straight back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Harry B; I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about the service you received. I hope you will be able to visit us again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for my friend Steve birthday do. Hotel is very nice a little over warm but on the whole it's very clean and nice with friendly staff. Rooms are very nice and the hotel if full of nice cosy rooms. Breakfast was very nice all the food was fresh and well presented and the staff were on hand to keep the coffee topped up.
The evening do was a hog roast which was very good and the bar had some nice side pocket beer a local brew from Tring little over priced but very nice. Staff needed a little bit of training in running the bar but they did well.
Would I go back well yes I would

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
GMpendley, General Manager at Pendley Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Trevor P thank you for your review I pleased to hear that your enjoyed your friend’s birthday celebrations with us. I am glad to hear that on a busy Sunday morning the breakfast was plentiful and the restaurant staff attentive. We hope you will visit us again soon to enjoy another Tring Brewery Side Pocket also sold in our residents bar!
Wisbech, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in a suite and a four poster room now.

The worst thing about this hotel are the hair dryers. It'd be quicker to dry my hair wafting my head with a newspaper.

It's true there are bits you can pull holes in about the decor. It could do with a spruce and freshen. However. What is there was expensively done and is really lovely. The beds are comfortable and the room was clean.

The staff are so wonderful and couldn't do enough for you. True one or two could do with a refresher at charm school but they were the exception. The food in the restaurant was fab. I really recommend the deconstructed snickers for desert.

Ive read a lot of people complaining about the quality not meeting their 'true 4*' expectations. If I was paying Dorchester or Lansdowne prices I would complain bitterly. But you aren't. There are rough bits but it's an awesome and romantic place to come stay and won't leave you selling the kids on the way out.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank saraboom
Thank you saraboom, it is always a particular pleasure to welcome our return guests. Hairdriers are on the agenda when the bedrooms are refurbished, however reception do have some hand held spares that might be better than the newspaper! Thank you for your kind comments regarding my colleagues and positive remarks concerning dinner. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit very soon.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My daughter and I booked a Spa day with two treatments each. We found the Spa area to be very utilitarian, and reminiscent of school! The décor is somewhat lacking and we had a very basic and poor quality lunch in a small room obviously kept for Spa users. The large television was tuned to a radio station with no means of turning off the constant music. The treatment rooms are small and pokey and the changing room was cold and unappealing. It would appear that the Spa is an 'add-on' to the hotel. However the staff were very polite and helpful but overall it was a disappointing day and not good value for money

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Suede13_13; thank you for your review of your recent Spa Day; may I thank you for your kind comments about the polite and helpful staff. I am disappointed that you found our Spa Day at £35, including lunch to not be good value for money. We have two treatment rooms adjacent to our leisure facilities and provide a separate changing area to the pool changing rooms for our Day Spa users. I am sorry to hear that you felt these not to be heated to a suitable temperature on the day of your visit; I will certainly be looking into this further. Generally the television is not on in the Spa lunch room unless requested; I apologise that there was no one who could assist you with adjusting the station or turning the television off.

Travellers are raving about these Tring hotels

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband last night and we were both very disappointed with it. The room they allocated us was dated, dark and depressing. It had wallpaper peeling off the wall and the bathroom was grim. We asked to be moved to another room which was marginally better. Again this was very a very tired looking room and bathroom. The shower didn't work properly, and was just a dribble of water coming from the showehead, and the taps were just as bad on the sink as they didn't work properly either. Furthermore the lamps in the room didn't work. We had our 7 week old baby with us and could have done without all the inconvenience. The dinner was average and the prepay option is very misleading! A £2 per person reduction, and limited set menu so be warned! The breakfast was average. The swimming pool facilities were nice and the grounds surrounding the hotel were lovely. During check out we did tell the hotel we were disappointed with our stay. The response we received was that they have a knack to getting the lamps in the room working and that they have a 24 hour maintenance man. The response to the pre pay dinner option was that the hotel only offers a small imcentive. We asked for our bill of £17 to be waived due to the inconvenience and the lady ignored the request when mentioned twice! She was not very personable or sympathetic and did not really take on board our comments. I've stayed in lots of hotels and can honestly say this is the first complaint I've ever made. A very disappointing experience.

• Stayed November 2013
Charls_GG thank you for taking the time to write a review; all feedback is important to us. I am disappointed to read your remarks concerning your stay and in particular the bedroom. I apologise for the inconvenience but glad the team were able to move you swiftly to another bedroom. We hope to move onto the bedroom refurbishment phase in the near future, which will remedy the anomalies that we come across from time to time in the old manor house. The three choice Table D’Hote menu is included in our dinner, bed & breakfast packages, which can be purchased prior to your arrival at a slight discount, you can also use this allowance towards our A La Carte Menu or to the bar menu if you prefer something a little less formal. On the positive side, I am pleased that you enjoyed the leisure facilities and our grounds.
New Hope, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three nights. Our room was quiet and comfortable, furnishings were fine and the grounds were fantastic. This is a location for travellers who appreciate the beauty of old, polished wood, and who like to dress for dinner. The clientele seemed to be mostly older professionals although there were a few children about. The service was first class as you would expect at such a location. The hotel restaurant was expensive but the food was top class.
We were in Tring from the USA looking for ancestors and relatives and so we only used the hotel for sleeping and didn't take advantage of the spa, gym or other facilities. WiFi worked fine and was useful for us, though.

Room Tip: All rooms would be quiet, but check the hotel's website to be sure that it is what you are looki...