“Fantastic Birthday Dinner!”

Murrays Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Cowes
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Long established, family run business, set menu, a la carte and catch of the day, fresh local seafood, steak/meat dishes, vegetarian options, special dietary needs catered for wherever possible
“Fantastic Birthday Dinner!”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I enjoyed a lovely family meal at this restaurant, the food was amazing, the service was great and good value for your money! I went for my birthday and the table was all set up with birthday decoration which not a lot of restaurants do! I would recommend Murrays to anyone who loves seafood and there are meat and vegetarian options to suit everyone. The hostess was lovely and made everyone feel welcome.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 20first

Watford, United Kingdom
“high standard”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

If you want a traditional independent fish restaurant Murrays would be hard to beat, we went in on Sunday night and enjoyed a super 3 course dinner with Wine for 2 for under £60.
A good choice on the set menu and the service was excellent, we will definitely be going again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Neil H
Oxford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What more could you want”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Visited the Isle of Wight for the day with my family as it is half term and decided to treat ourselves to lunch in a restaurant. As we were at the seaside, it was decided we had to try something locally caught.

Stumbled across Murrays on the high street and was drawn in by the traditional "non plastic chain restaurant" look and was glad that we found it.

Fabulous food, well cooked and tasted fresh. My wife is still saying it is the best meal she has ever had! and great service to boot. There was a couple of young girls serving who could teach a lot of teenagers a thing or two about interpersonal skills, they were polite, attentive and seemingly enjoying their work.

It was fairly busy so we were lucky to get in and great value. We had the set menu at £15 and the kids menu was about a fiver. Maybe I am just used the extortionate prices in Oxford!

If we are ever visit Cowes again we would definitely go back.

1 Thank OxfordFC
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Living on their laurels !”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The reputation of this restaurant is definitely based on its possible glorious past !
You could dine in a crowded cafeteria on the motorway, the atmosphere would be better.
Old wobbly furniture, old fashion table cloth and cheap paper napkins, don't make you feel in a nice sea food restaurant in Cowes, international boating capital. Passed this, comes the food.
Well, fish over or under cooked, watery sauce and a plate of sad looking vegetables to share.
Mussels are served in a deep ceramic dish, but you will be given a sand castle bucket for the shells ! Very stylish!
We were quite disappointed, but the best was to come.
The staff was very kind and helpful however an older lady came to receive our payment and generously gave us an extra 2 minutes to leave as she had customers waiting to be seated !
How rude ! It's the first time ever I was asked to leave a restaurant in such a way!
These people have probably been doing a good job at some point, but it's well over now!
They don't deserve any custom !

eastbourne
“Shame about the miserable little woman”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The young lady who served us (the one from Fitleworth) was really nice and very friendly, unfortunately the little old lady who seemed to be in charge was so miserable it nearly made me cry, every time I saw her I was scared that she was going to tell me off. I think the meal was overrate rated. As soon as our table was cleared the old one immediately asked us to leave. We were not asked if we would like further drinks, it was as if she wanted us out quickly because there was more money in getting the next seating in than selling us a coffee. I certainly would not eat here again, boring over rated old fashioned place to eat, if you want to eat fish in Cowes look for a fish and chip shop and eat them on a bench by the Harbour, you will feel much more relaxed doing this than eating in murrays

2 Thank David V